TyMarp's Aprilia SXV for sale

Buy, sell, trade... or just give away the DAMN thing! :deal:
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Re: TyMarp's Aprilia SXV for sale

Post by TyMarp »

Hey Max, Aprilia has all kinds of "small" differences between models. They currently have a Ralley 450 on the showroom floor. It is rare as it's the only three that the shop has ever seen and didn't know about. It's based on a RXV/Dakar (no fairing) type and has OEM Aprilia race bits on it. The only one I remember is a factory aluminum skid plate. He named off a bunch of other features but I can't remember what all he said. I was more focused on turning the black one into cash.

I spent several hours on two different days in the shop (work shop). The more time I spend around the Aprilias, the more I like them. They require a little more attention then the Jap bikes but they are a lot more bike also. If I weren't faced with this dilemma, it would be in my barn now. and I'd be riding as soon as I were able.
TyMarp
DAMN Expert

Post by TyMarp »

SXV is heading to a new home on Friday. If life ever gets back to normal :wallbash: , there will be another Aprilia in my future. :brows:
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

congrats! :thumbup:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Kyler wrote:congrats! :thumbup:
speaking of Aprilia
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/06april1 ... cement.htm

1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
zooom
DAMN Wanabe

Post by zooom »

I like how they spelled Touareg wrong....but hey...maybe that is how it comes in enunciation via Italian!
Keep thine eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

zooom wrote:I like how they spelled Touareg wrong....but hey...maybe that is how it comes in enunciation via Italian!

Holy Crap.. it's zoom... Didn't make the connection till the VW reference....
:ride:
2013 Honda CB1100
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
zooom
DAMN Wanabe

Post by zooom »

hondahawkrider wrote:
zooom wrote:I like how they spelled Touareg wrong....but hey...maybe that is how it comes in enunciation via Italian!

Holy Crap.. it's zoom... Didn't make the connection till the VW reference....
:ride:

funny how that happens!...sorry for the threadjack...how ya doin Jason?
Keep thine eye on the tach and thine ears on the engine lest thy whirlybits seek communion with the sun.
Louge

Post by Louge »

TyMarp wrote:SXV is heading to a new home on Friday. If life ever gets back to normal :wallbash: , there will be another Aprilia in my future. :brows:
Glad to hear the SXV has found a home. Hope you can get the doctors on the same page.
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Rumors eminating from the European press indicate Aprilia is about to enter the large displacement enduro market with two new models. The first, rumored to be introduced this Fall as a 2011 model, is the Tuareg 750, utilizing the 750cc v-twin currently found in the Shiver. This 750 is expected to have a 21-inch front wheel, and weigh less than 445 pounds . . . a real "enduro" useful offroad.

The second rumored model will displace roughly 1,200cc and be more street oriented, similar to several other "big trailies". We will bring you additional details as they become available.
this is worth watching - I wonder which will be better, the new Highland bike of the Aprilia.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

Kyler wrote:
Rumors eminating from the European press indicate Aprilia is about to enter the large displacement enduro market with two new models. The first, rumored to be introduced this Fall as a 2011 model, is the Tuareg 750, utilizing the 750cc v-twin currently found in the Shiver. This 750 is expected to have a 21-inch front wheel, and weigh less than 445 pounds . . . a real "enduro" useful offroad.

The second rumored model will displace roughly 1,200cc and be more street oriented, similar to several other "big trailies". We will bring you additional details as they become available.
this is worth watching - I wonder which will be better, the new Highland bike of the Aprilia.
I really can't see Aprilia making too big a splash with the 1200cc bike... the capo has a loyal following even if it dowsn't sell in the same numbers as the other big trailies.. BMW specifically....

If I had it to do over again.. I would probably have gotten a 950SE rather than the 990Adv.. I honestly can see why KTM hasn't mounted up the SM990T Supermoto Touring screen to it...

2013 Honda CB1100
1999 Suzuki DR350Se