Pine Barren 300 4/16-17/2011

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
sallydog
DAMN Expert

Pine Barren 300 4/16-17/2011

Post by sallydog »

This is a 300 mile GPS guided off-road tour of The New Jersey Pine Barrens geared for Adventure Style Motorcycles
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 100 RIDERS

Mail completed entry form to:
Cross Country Cycle
875 Middlesex Avenue
Metuchen, NJ 08840
att: PB 300 ADVENTURE RIDE

All machines must be Street Legal, with DOT Knobby Tires, and equipped with a USFS Spark Arrestor. Must have at least an 80 mile range between fueling. No two strokes.
PRE-ENTRY ONLY. AMA MEMBERSHIP SUGGESTED, BUT NOT REQUIRED.

entry form below
http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=bnnndcdab ... aFcLmCbZLF
OCCR
DAMN
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.

RIDING CALENDER = https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... ssionid=OK
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Pine Barren 300 4/16-17/2011

Post by Bucho »

This was the first "organized riding event" I ever went to. Ken dragged me to it w/ him, but I had an awesome time. Not sure if I can fit it in this year's riding schedule. I know Ken is bummed that they aren't allowing two-strokes.

This would be a great ride for any of the guys w/ bigger dualsports or just wants a fun ride out in the Jersey sand.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
phoo
Benevolent Dictator

Post by phoo »

"No Trail Bikes" does that include my dual sported, street legal, and plated WR400? They only say "no trail bikes and no two strokes" about four times, so it makes me wonder. But it does also say "Now Open to All Size Dual Sport and Adventure Style Machines!" Hm.

Anyone planning on doing this? It may be hard for me to get a weekend pass two weeks after the birthday camp and ride, but this sounds pretty neat and it sounds like it's public lands that could maybe be toured again later with friends.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Ouch - we'll no Wasp in their future then! DAMN... the PB300 would have been a great place for the sidecar.

Take your 400 phoo - they won't mind.

I'll have to think hard about this - I enjoyed the one time I was there.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I'd love to go but that will be after my schedule shuffle. By the time I would know if I have that weekend off it might be too late to sign up. :rant:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Wingfixer wrote:I'd love to go but that will be after my schedule shuffle. By the time I would know if I have that weekend off it might be too late to sign up. :rant:
you might be surprised. they were having attendance problems when they restricted it to big bikes. They didn't have one last year. they might not fill as rapidly as one might think.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Wingfixer wrote:I'd love to go but that will be after my schedule shuffle. By the time I would know if I have that weekend off it might be too late to sign up. :rant:

Refunds if canceled before April 8th. So NO excuses :rayof:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
sallydog
DAMN Expert

Post by sallydog »

Kyler wrote:
you might be surprised. they were having attendance problems when they restricted it to big bikes. They didn't have one last year. they might not fill as rapidly as one might think.

let me clear up a few things. last year the event was handed to MCI who dropped the ball dissapointing everyone. this year they fumbled again and jack recovered the ball at the last second. so OCCR has controll again.

the cc limit was put in place to weed out the hare scramble guys. this event is a big bike adventure ride and with groups of motocross bikes racing each other thru 26 seperate municipalities it became overwelming. some of these routes go right thru small comunities. getting rid of small bikes and 2 strokes solved that problem.

as for filling up, 100 is the easiest # to keep track of over 1/2 of the entire state of nj. it is not like a hare scramble or enduro where you are restricted to a couple hundred acres. the pine barrens is 1.2 million acres and we have to provide medical and mechanical/towing support the entire route..
this event is very popular with entrants from florida to ohio to ontario... it will fill up. it has never not filled up.
it is an event that large adventure tour bikes can ride in and do more than just dirt roads.

the dinner is a buffet banquet with presentations and entertainment. the shirts have always been collared polo type embroidered at the least. sometimes vests or jackets.

if you wanna attend and arent sure of time off all i can say is sign up and back out at the last minute...

hawkin bridge camping is 12 dirt miles :brows: from the start ($2 a nite)
OCCR
DAMN
Just dip me in beer and toss me in the drunk chicks.

RIDING CALENDER = https://www.google.com/calendar/render? ... ssionid=OK
phoo
Benevolent Dictator

Post by phoo »

sallydog, since you seem to be a voice of knowledge if not authority, is there a hard minimum of displacement? Should I add "supermotard/dualsport" to the description of my bike so they don't think I'm going to show up with a dirt bike?

Mentioning a campground that is "12 dirt miles from the event" made the event that much more attractive. :brows:

Thanks,

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200