Granville's Western MD Camp and Ride 9/12-13 & 10/3-4

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
webmost

Re: Granville's Western MD Camp and Ride 9/12-13 & 10/3-4

Post by webmost »

Someone in my office will be out tomorrow for a funeral, so I have to cover Won't be out of here before four. May arrive in the dark, or may ride out super early Saturday. Easy to find your spot at night?
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Really wish I could make it, but unfortunatly I'll have to miss it once again. I swear I'll make it out there one of these days. Have fun guys.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

webmost wrote:Someone in my office will be out tomorrow for a funeral, so I have to cover Won't be out of here before four. May arrive in the dark, or may ride out super early Saturday. Easy to find your spot at night?
I would advise Saturday morning or what works best. Not because it is so difficult to find in the dark, but because 70w & 68 can become a parking lot Friday afternoons. There are a lot of folks going home to WV for the weekend.

My place is a single track kind of ride. I will be more than happy to show you around when ever you get there.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Space Ghost
DAMN Expert

Post by Space Ghost »

I wil be slaving away again, any other dates? Maybe you guys can come down to our neck of the woods again. Dave & I are working on some new stuff, thats sure to be gnarly when done. :smoking:
04 ktm250exc 05ktm525exc 2010Husaberg 570FE
webmost

Post by webmost »

Dirty bikes, mountain air, full moon, good scotch, corn nuts, a middling cigar, and a bunch of guys swapping lies around a hot bonfire... what more could a guy ask?

Thanks, Jim. Next time, I'll try to not fall out of my chair.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

webmost wrote:Dirty bikes, mountain air, full moon, good scotch, corn nuts, a middling cigar, and a bunch of guys swapping lies around a hot bonfire... what more could a guy ask?

Thanks, Jim. Next time, I'll try to not fall out of my chair.
I'm glad your cruise from DE was worth it. It was great to meet you and I enjoyed your stories. If they were lies you had me fooled. You did have the best I have heard for a while. I hope to see and hear from you again. 5-years at sea on a home made boat :kumbaya: .
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

For those who missed out on Camp & Ride (which seemed to be the vast majority of you), I hope to see you next time. We had fun :freakey: For those single track junkies Max, Dave and you good old local boys...I give you 10-minutes of single track in the pines. And Mike feel free to embed this, as I don't know how. :lurker:

[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
davej
DAMN Expert

Post by davej »

holy cow jim, awesome video, man. you make that stuff look easy! you haul the mail when you're not waiting for us to catch up. now i feel really bad about missing it. what cam are you running? i just got a contourHD http://vholdr.com/video/dirtbike-fun-woods count me in for the next barton outing! :whoop:
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

davej wrote:holy cow jim, awesome video, man. you make that stuff look easy! you haul the mail when you're not waiting for us to catch up. now i feel really bad about missing it. what cam are you running? i just got a contourHD http://vholdr.com/video/dirtbike-fun-woods count me in for the next barton outing! :whoop:
give us a review of that camcorder. My GoPro was sheared off in the NJ pines and I'm looking for another
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

davej wrote:holy cow jim, awesome video, man. you make that stuff look easy! you haul the mail when you're not waiting for us to catch up. now i feel really bad about missing it. what cam are you running? i just got a contourHD http://vholdr.com/video/dirtbike-fun-woods count me in for the next barton outing! :whoop:
Hi Dave, No worries. There will be a next time :cheers: . I got my cam a few years back and since I gravitate toward trees and other fixed objects, I don't wear it often. I am very pleased with the DVD burn quality but very disappointed with the on-line posting quality.

When I got the camera it was top shelf $199.00 2 Viosport-3 digital (which is made by Sony) + rechargeable batter supply and lanc remote (record on/off) was another $ 100 or so. Then I just used the family's Sony digital 8mm hand cam-recorder until I crushed it in a crash. Then I bought another Sony digital 8MM last year on e-bay for $150.

Viosport seems to have changed their products a lot since the last time I did business with them. Prices are higher, but stuff seems to use chip technology and is a lot smaller. And they say it higher quality wider angle...yada...yada.

This is my set up. (hit no on the next screen)
https://www.vio-pov.com/store/customer/ ... plete_kits

This is the company now.
http://www.vio-pov.com/
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's