Granville's Western MD Camp and Ride 9/12-13 & 10/3-4

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Re: Granville's Western MD Camp and Ride 9/12-13 & 10/3-4

Post by Granville »

davej wrote:jim, is the second ride date still a go? i could bring my mini quad and whack out some of the growth on the backside
Dave,

Lauren and Phil spent some time Sunday working on the backside. You are of course more than welcome to bring the quad and have at it. Yes the second date is still good, pending any natural or spouse made disaster.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

webmost wrote:If the second date is a go, I am in. I have no intention of tackling the single track. I would cruise the Savage Forest or etc. during the day, and gather round the campfire at night. Would that be cool w/ you?
The Savage River Forest, Deep Creek Lake, Dans Mountain are all within 30-minutes from Casa De-Granville. I suggest you contact mdubya (Mike) for a possibly a tour guide. Mike is local and he knows his way around. You are welcome to join us around the campfire.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
DINGO

Post by DINGO »

Hey Jim, not going to be able to make the 10-3/4 ride this coming weekend. We are flying down to the Keys for a week this weekend to get some fishing and diving in. Let us know when the next one is. Had a blast out there last time! And thanks for finding the plate off the bike out in the woods (DAMN lucky find!). Can't wait to see the fall colors up there from the peak!
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Granville wrote:
webmost wrote:If the second date is a go, I am in. I have no intention of tackling the single track. I would cruise the Savage Forest or etc. during the day, and gather round the campfire at night. Would that be cool w/ you?
The Savage River Forest, Deep Creek Lake, Dans Mountain are all within 30-minutes from Casa De-Granville. I suggest you contact mdubya (Mike) for a possibly a tour guide. Mike is local and he knows his way around. You are welcome to join us around the campfire.

I can definitely give a great route, maybe even a guided tour. However, I am sure that much of my Saturday will be consumed with the thorns and grass track and single track and pine needles and loose shale of the Granville property.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
webmost

Post by webmost »

MW, Your route suggestions would be very welcome indeed. I would be obliged if you would send them in any form. I have been to Deep Creek area a couple three times; but always astride the big beemer bagger, not a dual sport.

Still hope to make it. However, my attendance may be suddenly prevented by a funeral. I have a brother in law in Kalifornia who appears to be breathing his last this very weekend, after a long grueling fight with cancer. For two weeks now, a bird has been perching on the windowsill of my office, tapping to get in. If this indicent takes him, I will be called abruptly away. The big C bites. If we want to wow the world with our technical expertise, forget about space stations and Mars rovers; let's cure cancer. Realistically, it much more likely to ruin our days than any Martian dust storm.

Live Strong.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

webmost-sorry to hear about your BIL.

If you can make it next weekend, let me know what type of riding you want to do. What bike will you be on? There is great riding literally right out the driveway to Granville's property.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
webmost

Post by webmost »

I will be aboard Biffy the Bullfrog, a 2007 KLR650 with Metzeler Tourance tires. I am a dirt newbie, to all intents and purposes. Grew up on dirt bikes in SoCal. Have only ridden street since; tho probably in excess of a million miles of that. I will be clad in an old leather Vanson and cowboy boots; not armored gear; so I will pace myself accordingly.

Here is Biffy, midway through her farklemorphosis:

mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Nice floral arrangement. :lol2:

Looks like the perfect bike for around these parts. There is more good stuff around here than you can see in a day, so we can keep you busy and entertained. Bring a map if you can.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
webmost

Post by webmost »

What is the location of Le Maison Granville?
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

webmost wrote:What is the location of Le Maison Granville?
I will post them to you as a private message. You will be asked to sign a liability waiver prior to riding.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's