Winter is around the corner.

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Winter is around the corner.

Post by mdubya »

Kath wrote:Well, I wouldn't call the trees "ablaze" in Oakland just yet really. We were up over the weekend...we'll be back for Autumn Glory. Hopefully, they will really be ablaze then for some better pics than I got this weekend. We did have a lovely weekend though...it was perfect weather out on the kayaks at Broadford and at DCL on the pontoon. I do agree that this is the super best time of the year for riding though and it's too soon to talk about Winter! I freakin LOVE this time of year!

Trees were ablaze out my living room window today. We went from no leaves on the lawn last weekend to about 25% covered by today, all brightly colored, not yet brown. Yes, it is not yet peak, but if you get down to Savage River Reservoir, or south in to WV around the National Forest areas, there is more than a little color and the Forest Service Roads are already covered with leaves. By Autumn Glory we will be well past peak.
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Daves08excr wrote:Ok I retrack my previous statement. Man my butt hurts all of the sudden. :poser: :screwy:

Thank you Dave. :thumbup: Much better. :cheers:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Granville wrote: Let's see them. You always got some great stuff.

Gimme a minute. :deal:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

mdubya wrote:
Granville wrote: Let's see them. You always got some great stuff.

Gimme a minute. :deal:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=823&p=9309#p9309
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Kath

Post by Kath »

I took this shot during Autumn Glory weekend last year.

It's only, what, 2 1/2 weeks away. I don't know what constitutes peak exactly, but I think it will be plenty colorful in 2 1/2 more weeks. I can't wait. I do so love the Fall in Western MD. These were some shots from this weekend. Still lots of green, like your shots in the other thread.

:lol2:

Last edited by Kath on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

when I saw this pic, all I could imagine is a bunch of DAMN riders racing to go BETWEEN the DAMN trees! :lol2:
Kath wrote:Image
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Kath

Post by Kath »

HA! If only. The community where Joe's parents have their cabin is very uptight....20 mph speed limits and no motorized vehicles on the trails. Fuddy duddies. When Joe and I build a house up that way, we are staying far away from any HOA bull.