Jersey Pine Barrons

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Re: Jersey Pine Barrons

Post by jxs2151 »

chriskoz wrote:I always wanted to check that place out. Pick a day and let's get it going. Maybe a Saturday in May.
I think that it's a bit of a stretch to do it in one day. It's about 3 hrs from DC to Hammonton, NJ.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I unfortunently might be w/ Chris. Yes, 2-3 days would be better, but thats just not a possibility for some of us.
I'd love to go. At least for a day.

Either way, the sand riding out in NJ is really a blast. Once you get the hang of it, its really not all that hard and is just really fun. Even on 650 dualsports.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

Bucho wrote:I unfortunently might be w/ Chris. Yes, 2-3 days would be better, but thats just not a possibility for some of us.
I'd love to go. At least for a day.

Either way, the sand riding out in NJ is really a blast. Once you get the hang of it, its really not all that hard and is just really fun. Even on 650 dualsports.
That makes sense, if you guys don't mind making the haul in one day we can have some guys go over early and others join us to pre-ride the area and scout for a DAMN suitable area for a gathering.

We'll get together and discuss it at Green Ridge.

In the meantime, if anyone else is interested in riding the Pine Barrens area sometime in May/June drop a post into this thread.

Jeff
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Wingfixer wrote:Depending on my f'd up work schedule, I am in!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

jxs2151 wrote: I think that it's a bit of a stretch to do it in one day. It's about 3 hrs from DC to Hammonton, NJ.
You guys with grown children forget what it was like to have little ones running around in diapers! Everything is a negotiation with the Mrs., and I usually lose. A day is as good as it gets most of the time.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

chriskoz wrote:You guys with grown children forget what it was like to have little ones running around in diapers! Everything is a negotiation with the Mrs., and I usually lose. A day is as good as it gets most of the time.
Not true! :nono:

We relish in rubbing it in! :jack:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

chriskoz wrote:
jxs2151 wrote: I think that it's a bit of a stretch to do it in one day. It's about 3 hrs from DC to Hammonton, NJ.
You guys with grown children forget what it was like to have little ones running around in diapers! Everything is a negotiation with the Mrs., and I usually lose. A day is as good as it gets most of the time.
I solved that problem - got rid of the wife and the kids grew up. The ex even took the dog. My work allows me to work from anywhere I can get an internet connection and I can work whenever I want.

Trip planning goes something like this:

Jeff, do you feel like riding today?
Yep
Where do you wanna go?
Green Ridge
When do you wanna leave?
Right now

Mind you, getting rid of the wife wasn't easy (or cheap), getting the kids to 18 wasn't easy (or cheap) and getting into a position with my business to allow a flexible schedule wasn't easy. Being able to rub it in though, is priceless :loveit:
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

Interesting idea... How about your 18 year old watches my twins and I bring them along... Win-Win
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

chriskoz wrote:Interesting idea... How about your 18 year old watches my twins and I bring them along... Win-Win

Hmmmm, well you do have an 06 DR650 so you must be a good guy and thus worth helping out.
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

I wanted to rekindle interest in this trip.

I checked my calendar and found an opening around September 4th, 5th and 6th.

I had in mind a 2.5 day trip, leaving from the DC/Baltimore area on Friday early afternoon and arriving at Hammontown, NJ Friday evening, staying at the Ramada. A day of riding Saturday and possibly camping in the Pines that night, then another morning of riding Sunday.

It has been mentioned that we should be able to get in touch with some of the South Jersey guys for this trip and have them show us around. Sally Dog also knows the area.

Give me some feedback on your availability and, depending on response I will move forward with planning this.

Jeff