i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: i'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Post by mdubya »

No more holiday banners for me. Just a couple of talented and handsome riders up there for me. :rickey:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

mdubya wrote:No more holiday banners for me. Just a couple of talented and handsome riders up there for me. :rickey:
no matter how you sweet talk me, it's still not going to get you anywhere .. with me... I dunno about rob... :rickey:
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider »

OK. cross your fingers it passes inspection ... Got a bunch of stuff done today
back to stock (non-lowered) ride hight..
put the stock tail-light on it - it's hideous...
chained oil and cleaned the air filer (K/n pre charger, not a good idea)
Everything works - the only thing that I don't have is a chain cover .. My guy is easy going so I hope it's not a big deal...
Slapped a tag on it from another bike and took if for a 20mi spin just to see how everything works...

It ran great (after the precharger - condom looking thing over the k/n filter was removed) .. The smog stuff has been removed allready and it appears that some version of dave's mods have been done (http://www.4strokes.com/tech/honda/xr650lcarbmods/)... It runs strong - feels like it has power in just about any gear - very torquey... That said - the trans is goign to take some getting used to... It's a very notchy transmission, it requires a bit of oomph to shift into first and the gap from 1st to 2nd is noticibly longer.. From what I have read - this is normal behavior - especially as it's 15+ year technology.. It's kinda like driving a truck after being in a sportcar... I will get used to it..

Overall I am EXTREMELY pleased with it..
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se
FourStroke

Post by FourStroke »

The XR is old technology, but it bulletproof. I miss mine. It'll run forever without needing worked on.

You can ride the wheels off that thing & get your money back when you're done!
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

hondahawkrider wrote:OK. cross your fingers it passes inspection ... Got a bunch of stuff done today
back to stock (non-lowered) ride hight..
put the stock tail-light on it - it's hideous...
chained oil and cleaned the air filer (K/n pre charger, not a good idea)
Everything works - the only thing that I don't have is a chain cover .. My guy is easy going so I hope it's not a big deal...
Slapped a tag on it from another bike and took if for a 20mi spin just to see how everything works...

That said - the trans is goign to take some getting used to... It's a very notchy transmission, it requires a bit of oomph to shift into first and the gap from 1st to 2nd is noticibly longer.. From what I have read - this is normal behavior - especially as it's 15+ year technology.. It's kinda like driving a truck after being in a sportcar... I will get used to it..

Overall I am EXTREMELY pleased with it..

Use Spectro 20-50 oil and after a change or two the notchyness should go away, i cant run anything else in mine or i constantly miss shifts