Hangover Hare Scrambles Jan 5th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Hangover Hare Scrambles Jan 5th

Post by Firebolter »

It was sloppy! It started raining early but stopped before the first start and the sun actually made an appearance! Sloppy and muddy but the riders had a good time and we ended up with approx 100 riders total. I got a lot of pictures as did Chuck and we'll try to get them uploaded later this week.
Lots of cool bikes---
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

phoo
Benevolent Dictator

Post by phoo »

The ruts were so deep, the course changed every lap as you tried a new line. Then, after blazing a new trail through briars to go around congestion behind a stuck bike, next lap it would be the main line, then the following lap you'd have to go around that, too. Twice I sank into ruts so deep, my swingarm ground out and my wheel list contact with the ground so I had to pull my bike up and out of the rut, which was made harder by the weight of the mud that stuck to everything. Boots became twenty pound weights attached to your feet. The race was all about attrition, as you'd go around people sitting on the side of the trail.

It was a really good time. A lot of work, and today I'm sore, but I'm very glad I didn't wuss out.

Patrick

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

phoo wrote:The ruts were so deep, the course changed every lap as you tried a new line. Then, after blazing a new trail through briars to go around congestion behind a stuck bike, next lap it would be the main line, then the following lap you'd have to go around that, too. Twice I sank into ruts so deep, my swingarm ground out and my wheel list contact with the ground so I had to pull my bike up and out of the rut, which was made harder by the weight of the mud that stuck to everything. Boots became twenty pound weights attached to your feet. The race was all about attrition, as you'd go around people sitting on the side of the trail.

It was a really good time. A lot of work, and today I'm sore, but I'm very glad I didn't wuss out.

Patrick

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
OFG REALLY glad he DID wuss out :lol2:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
J&J
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by J&J »

Jacob had a great day in the youth race.... 2nd place in the super mini 150s. He was was trading places the whole race with another kid that was pretty fast. He said he would hear him comming & speed up, but the kid would get by on another line or straight through a big mud hole. He said then he would just hang back & wait for him to make a mistake.... that strategy worked, in the end Jacob beat him by 4 or 5 minuites :thumbup:

By the way he finished the race without brakes..... I knew the rear pads were getting a little thin & he killed them :shrug: The front lost pressure, they're working again now. I'll change the fluid, I think it absorbes moisture over time & creates vapor when hot.
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

[youtube][/youtube]
Bork
DAMN Poohba

Post by Bork »

Hare wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Which bike did ya ride? (or mud surf)
1997 XR600r plated, 1994 XR600r plated, 1972 SL350, 1971 SL100, 1983XL600r
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

it werent me, think he is a 16 year old in C class, he did pretty well but didnt stay for his trophy, the OFG would of got a first just for showing up!!!

I help score, a big collective WE as Green Marble Enduro Riders ran the event for the MD Comp Riders.

J & J Both won Big J hit the 50/50 cash prize and Jacob had a great run and i bet he learned a lot that day. Gotta Play to Win.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

The only bad thing (and small at that) was the food truck not showing up. Lots of people were counting on a vendor to get some grub. FYI, if you're down there riding or at Budd's Creek, HOTLINE Pizza delivers to the track and the sports park. Took about an hour from order till the guy showed up, but atleast we had some food!

I couldn't believe how dirty my truck got just leaving the parking area!
Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
Benevolent Dictator

Post by phoo »

It was a little muddy.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200