A good day

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Re: A good day

Post by motojunky »

stretchride wrote:
motojunky wrote:Now I gotta source a couple of bikes...
I was kinda looking at TTR125's for my wife/daughter combo as well. Check out Craigslist for sure, I saw multiple TTR125s in the past week, several around $1k and several well under...
The frustrating thing is that she had a TTR125L for a few years and never rode it. I finally sold it a year or two back... Now I'm wishing it was still here. :wallbash:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

That is why she "NEEDS" the X-ride Sherco. When she no longer rides it I will be happy to take it off your hands.....
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Boom Boom wrote:Get her the X-ride :amazon:
That would be the ticket, but I'm not spending that kind of coin on a bike that very probably will mostly sit. Heck, I'll get me a new trials bike first! :lol2:

I would like to find a Scorpa SY175f to look at.

A GasGas Pampera would be an option, but I'm not sure about starting. My friend has the bigger motor version (280?) and it's a little tough to start. The 250 might be better. She'd prefer a mild four stroke though, so I dunno.
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

Boom Boom wrote:That is why she "NEEDS" the X-ride Sherco. When she no longer rides it I will be happy to take it off your hands.....
:lol2: :lol2:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
badguy
DAMN Expert

Post by badguy »

Sounds awesome, good luck finding the right bike!
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

The hits keep coming! :rayof:

A couple of days ago the 7 y/o mastered the bicycle without training wheels. :thumbup: We'll keep 'em on the PW50 for the next ride and then let her decide when they come off. We're getting there.

Spent yesterday dragging the 10 y/o around looking at XRs and CRFs. She learned (very basically) to use a clutch a couple of weeks ago, so I was thinking XR/CRF80. After doing some sitting on both, she was more comfortable on the 70 and it fit just fine. She can just barely not flat-foot and the proportions look right (she's clearly too big for the XR50 she's riding). It came down to looking at a couple of CRF70s and an XR70. We chose the XR due to the owner having the title & owners manual and throwing in a set of new riding gear. The fact that it was 50% cheaper helped too! :deal: I wasn't locked in to a Honda, it just seemed like everything for sale locally was a CRF/XR. I've had nothing but good luck with the pile of XRs I've had over the years, so I'm not at all unhappy about it working out that way.

One down, one to go. Just need to find something for my wife now (and sell her XT). And resign myself to the fact that I'm riding my Scorpa/XR for the foreseeable future. :lol2:
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap