2 or 4 Stroke MX/ Woods Bikes

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Re: 2 or 4 Stroke MX/ Woods Bikes

Post by motojunky »

RadioRyder wrote:Chris, I have a 2 stroke that I put up for sale on this site a while back, then decided it was cheaper to keep her (actually didn't want to put it on Craigslist and have a bunch of strangers come to my house snooping around). It is a Honda CRE250R woods 2 stroke bike that is in really good shape. Look a couple pages back in the For Sale section and you will see it. There are pictures in the message, and you are welcome to take a look at it Sunday if time allows. It is not great at the track because the suspension is set up for woods, and that's the main problem you're going to run into trying to have one bike for both. 2 or 4 stroke decision depends on your riding style, woods vs track is in the suspension setup. I ride my 4 stk mx in the woods, and it's not as bad as some will lead you to believe. :amazon:

Like I said, try out as many as you can before buying.
I always wanted one of those CREs. Seemed like a great woods weapon at the time.

I just went and looked at the ad again. Here's the direct link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2128
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

motojunky wrote:I always wanted one of those CREs. Seemed like a great woods weapon at the time.

I just went and looked at the ad again. Here's the direct link: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2128
Thanks for posting the link. I was in a hurry this morning. :thumbsup:
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Big 4 stroke for fun, wheelies, dual sports, hooligan riding, outlaw riding

250-300cc 2 stroke for racing or serious woods action

easier on the body after a long day
WAY cheaper and WAY easier to rebuild

for woods work you need lots of low end grunt its hard to beat the 300 for that.

like other said you cant have a good woods bike and a good MX bike in the same unit, lots of go fast guys keep two sets of suspension for woods racing, one set for sand and one set for rocks
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

Bucho wrote: I remember riding your bike Chris at Tasker's Gap and I was bouncing all over the place. Is there a way to have a greater range of suspension? I think you need something softer..
Christ Phil, my lower back still hurts from that ride.

Thanks for all the info.
That CRE looks pretty interesting, it may be the ticket. I am curious about the suspension. The engine seems like it is tuned just right for me with the heavy FWW.
Any one have any 4 stroke horror stories in terms of maintenance.
Hey Dave, do you have any pix of the YZ? It sounds old but some of those bikes were solid all around.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
RadioRyder
DAMN Expert

Post by RadioRyder »

I just realized the link to the Enduro Shootout with the CRE article does not work anymore. I have it in .txt format if you'd like to read it. It's pretty interesting. I could e-mail it to you just pm me your e-mail.
06 Suzuki DR-Z400S