DRZ kick stand switch?

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Re: DRZ kick stand switch?

Post by frogman1981 »

Damage Inc. wrote:
frogman1981 wrote:I have one. I cut off the plug end though. You will have to butt connect it or something. Are you sure it's required for inspection?

I cut mine off also. If I get time I'll take it in tomorrow and let you know if they notice...
Where in Notingham are you...I used to ride right off Bucks School house where the water test station is. I still take my son there from time to time.
I'm near Fullerton Elementary. Let me know when you go again.
BillyGoat
DAMN Expert

Post by BillyGoat »

You should have better luck taking it to a motorcycle shop for inspection rather than a regular shop...especially a Harley dealer where every bike that comes in is modified. They shouldn't blink an eye. I have one that has the factory connector. If you need me to mail it, let me know.
Billy
KTM 450 EXC mostly
Member AMA, PaTRA, MD OHV Alliance, trying to join R&T
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Post by frogman1981 »

BillyGoat wrote:You should have better luck taking it to a motorcycle shop for inspection rather than a regular shop...especially a Harley dealer where every bike that comes in is modified. They shouldn't blink an eye. I have one that has the factory connector. If you need me to mail it, let me know.
Billy
Don't go to Pete's. They tried to tell me spark arrestors are required for safety inspections.
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Damage Inc. wrote:Anybody in the Parkville area have a kick stand switch for a DRZ400s I can borrow to get through MD insp? You can have it back after it goes through...

I took my working switch off and now that I'm ready to tag the bike it no longer works..?
OK I found it...Let me know if you need it. PM me your addy if you do and I'll get it in the mail. If you need it right away, maybe we can work out a meet after work Friday or Saturday.

14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S
Damage Inc.
DAMN Expert

Post by Damage Inc. »

I would again like to thank everyone for their offers....they passed it. Perhaps I'm too anal/paranoid.
'00 KTM 300EXC Brakes just slow you down
'06 VTX1300r
Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo »

Damage Inc. wrote:I would again like to thank everyone for their offers....they passed it. Perhaps I'm too anal/paranoid.
Good to hear!!!
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S