Michaux Dual Sport - Sunday August 14, 2011 rain or shine

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Michaux Dual Sport - Sunday August 14, 2011 rain or shin

Post by Firebolter »

Yep that was me. I was on my 525 at 7MTN but I brought the Husky this weekend. YES, that section was awesome and it was sparse, but that made it fun! The only thing that got me was at the road, the 16.6 marker was there and the root chart said SDR? I figured it out and went to the right.

We went out so early we were way ahead of most of the guys so some of the trail did look unridden. I really like that virgin section that was arrowed about every 30 yards, that was new stuff for sure. I came in a little after you and some guys were just heading out for loop2 after lunch!
I was glad to get my ride all in with no rain. Made those rocky sections alot easier!
Lots of cool bikes---
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

The OLD guy had a GREAT time. Bucho and Trialsrider baby sat me most of the day - THANKS!

I had a few interesting crashes in the morning. Got JAMMED in the narrow rock split on one of the options. Then hit a tree while approaching some BIG TALL rocks, ran off the trail to the right and ended up UNDER the the rocks. Then after getting through the hard stuff I hit a hidden stump :nono: - me and bike flew up in the air and the bike came down on top of my leg. I wasn't hurt but was trapped. Struggled for about 10 minutes. STILL stuck. Finally some kind souls came along and pulled the bike off me :bow:

I got MOST of the crashing out of the way in the AM and after lunch things went GREAT. http://DAMNriders.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2186

The little 200 is now officailly DIALED IN :loveit: :loveit: :loveit:

I'm planning on signing up for the enduro just to get another chance to ride some of the great trails. I figure it may be too hard for the old guy but hopefully someone will have pity on me and drag me out of the wood if I can't make it on my own. Hopefully we'll get a DAMN big group to sign up! :ride: :ride: :ride:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
phoo
Benevolent Dictator

Post by phoo »

BigBird, glad to see you made it okay. After I helped you through that gap between the two rocks, I was hung up there a little bit then got stuck at the giant boulders shortly after that. The two guys that picked your bike up off of you helped me wrestle my 400cc 4-stroke over the big boulders. When I came to the split that was C-loop to the left and A-loop straight, I decided I would take the easy way to catch up with the group and went left. The three of us waited a while, but we figured it would take some time for you to get through the A section and neither of those guys were up for the challenge of doing that loop again to find you. :poser:

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

phoo THANKS for the assist.

I was wondering why I laid there for ~ 10 minutes before anyone came along.

I was too STOOOOPID to take the alternate way out, but apparently most did becuase it was very QUIET while I was laying there under the bike. My little brain seems to not realize it is stuck in an OLD body and just keeps telling me to go for the hard way :lol2:
Fortunately some kind soul has always come along to save me from my follies :loveit:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I had a good time, the weather turned out to be pretty good. My little group got started late and finished late so we were still on the course for that late afternoon shower. But other then making the log crossings a little trickier it wasn't bad.
I enjoyed the more challenging rock section in the morning, but all the smaller rocks were giving my suspension fits. (I think I'm finally going to spend some money and get it redone.)
Right after lunch I got a flat tire, being only a little over a mile from the parking lot I headed back to fix it. Then I saw Sam's spare bike on the trailer all gassed up and ready to go. Between changing my tire and my suspension pissing me off, I took Sam's WR250 for the afternoon sections. Sam has it set up very well and it was a nice bike to ride. Though I swear it feels just as heavy as my DR650, (but without the torque).
Anyways a great ride and one I'll be doing next year.

Sorry about the lack of pics. I thought it was going to pour all day so didn't want to risk bringing my camera along.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

Great times as always! Nice to see everybody and I tossed some crappy cell phone pix into an 80 meg PDF. 54 pix
Right click, save target to desktop, give it time to load, size to fit screen and then scroll down!
http://photos.imageevent.com/peteh/mich ... 011pix.pdf

http://photos.imageevent.com/peteh/mich ... 011pix.pdf

Next adventure is Los Angeles CA to Baltimore MD on a borrowed Concours 14 in 3rd week of Sept! I cant wait!
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

nice grady...nice. a few other campers need to follow through, haha :freakey:
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

Bucho wrote: I took Sam's WR250 for the afternoon sections. I swear it feels just as heavy as my DR650
MAYBE it felt sort of HEAVY in the tight stuff because I THINK the Steering Damper was turned up pretty high??? :shrug: SORRY

BUT YOU need a little HANDICAP anyway :lol2:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Hey FB- I got your roll chart.
Thanks for letting me use it. I finished up during the deluge and wasn't thinking of finding you. I'll get it back to you.

So...Ken says he was there? No pics, it didn't happen. :lol2:

I did see some 990s on Anakees riding the options :deal:
Bruce
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

I got there just as it started raining :frustrated:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris