Michaux Dual Sport - Sunday August 14, 2011 rain or shine

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Michaux Dual Sport - Sunday August 14, 2011 rain or shin

Post by Firebolter »

Conditions were perfect! I wore my Gortex in the morning and was hot. Left it at lunch. Afternoon section and the options was a very nice flowing trail. Rode all the options, got back about 2:00, loaded up and changed clothes then it started pouring........My bike didn't even gwet real dirty :rickey: but I had fun!

For a while actually had some sunshine and blue skies!
Lots of cool bikes---
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

It rain on and off in Frederick all morning then turn nice - I did ride up around 3:30 and got there just as the afternoon deluge started :shrug:

Had a nice ride up and back - now to get my truck fixed.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
SwampFox

Post by SwampFox »

Thank you everyone for making my very first dual sport ride a memorable one. Thank you Jr for allowing me the pleasure of having Bobby's spot and everything else. I certainly learned a lot and hope to do some more in the future, after I fix what needs fixing of course.
phoo
Benevolent Dictator

Post by phoo »

Thanks for the fun, everyone! I had a blast and wish I could have done the afternoon loop. But sadly my foot told me that once I had stopped in the parking lot I was done for the day. I actually did go to the doctor -- no breaks, just a pretty ugly bruise. At least I (mostly) broke my habit of breaking my bike while out riding!! No plastic bits broke, but I think both fork seals are leaking. It could be mud, but I don't think so. Ah, well. :whoop:

Thanks again for an awesome time!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
biffer99
DAMN Expert

Post by biffer99 »

SwampFox wrote:Thank you everyone for making my very first dual sport ride a memorable one. Thank you Jr for allowing me the pleasure of having Bobby's spot and everything else. I certainly learned a lot and hope to do some more in the future, after I fix what needs fixing of course.
You did awesome! I can't believe you made it through that "A" section...insane for your first ride!
Chris
'09 DRZ400SM (dirt setup as well)
'08 WR450F - plated

http://www.bellwetherphoto.com
SwampFox

Post by SwampFox »

Im as suprised as anyone that I made it through. Though I would have taken much longer had it not been for the help of some DAMN fine riders. Again, thanks to everyone. I will certainly know better next time to get some more riding in and increase my experience before attempting such a challenging section. I really had a blast and I'm looking forward to the next opportunity to do it again.
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

:roost: I thought the ride was awesome. I hooked up with 1 of the "golden masters" from my club,while looking for a riding partner in the morning and we had a blast. We did the first half and decided to skip the lunch and just do the bikes and in my case fill my hydration system again. The 2nd half was as much fun as the 1st although I believe we were the 1st bikes through some of the sections which made it tough to follow some of the options,the old enduro experience of scaning the woods looking for arrows while riding helped out here. We made back in by about 1:30pm and I found out that my lunch was still available,yahoo they have some good food there.I did see Grady and talked to him for a bit before we headed back out for the 2nd loop.We did all the options and I wanted to ride some of them again but Pete was going to a play somewhere with his wife at 3:30 so we had to get back. I could go for some more of the "Enduro Trail",but that might be too much for some of the less experienced riders.These guys really put a lot of work into their dualsport and I really enjoyed it.
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

waserman wrote::roost: I thought the ride was awesome. I hooked up with 1 of the "golden masters" from my club,while looking for a riding partner in the morning and we had a blast. We did the first half and decided to skip the lunch and just do the bikes and in my case fill my hydration system again. The 2nd half was as much fun as the 1st although I believe we were the 1st bikes through some of the sections which made it tough to follow some of the options,the old enduro experience of scaning the woods looking for arrows while riding helped out here. We made back in by about 1:30pm and I found out that my lunch was still available,yahoo they have some good food there.I did see Grady and talked to him for a bit before we headed back out for the 2nd loop.We did all the options and I wanted to ride some of them again but Pete was going to a play somewhere with his wife at 3:30 so we had to get back. I could go for some more of the "Enduro Trail",but that might be too much for some of the less experienced riders.These guys really put a lot of work into their dualsport and I really enjoyed it.
I thought that was you! I was on my 310. I was behind you and Pete at the Rocky section where we had to set the bike up to get through those croppings. Good fun. I thought the after lunch stuff was awesome. Especially Option 9 and 11.
Lots of cool bikes---
dak
DAMN Expert

Michaux Dual Sport - Sunday August 14, 2011 rain or shine

Post by dak »

The DAMN camp site was great and we had good company (total 5) Like to thank Junior for helping out on the C section ride, my morning ride did not go so well I think I was still a little roosted !!! Thanks guys great time.

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
DAK BMW G450X RIDER
waserman
DAMN Expert

Post by waserman »

Firebolter

I think that's where I decided to ride up over the big rocks instead of going in between and then there was another slight uphill that you had to set the bike up for to get the front wheel on top of the rocks to keep going.That was you ? Option 9 was a lot of fun and 11 was interesting, Pete didn't think we were on the trail and actually went back out to the road. I came out at the 16.6 mile reset and he was coming down the road from the right.I said to him man that section was a blast,they had some good challenging trail,and being the 1st or 1 of the first through makes it more so because of the sparse arrows so you kind of read the ground for the trail.I think you were on a KTM when I meet you before.
John

DER ECEA AMA
Class: A Super Senior, open

Husqvarna TE 510