Post by Laoch »

Kyler wrote:I have for campers:
- dak
- dirtygrunt
- grady
- kyler

everybody bring your favorite beverage

I'll bring the grill and 5G water

we can go out and buy something to grill for dinner when we get there since there are so few of us.
Nearest vittles store is about 25-30 minutes one way-just saying. I'm down for bringing chow.
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Michaux Dual Sport - Sunday August 14, 2011 rain or shin

Post by Laoch »

Firebolter wrote:
dirtygrunt wrote: I don't have a route chart thingy :shrug:
I can play follow the leader, right? Except I'm kinda slow. OTOH I know Michaux well enough and will have a small gps in my pack just in case.
I have a spare one I can lend you, IF you have a resettable trip? Without that, won't matter..............
I do have a resettable trip and a um....a mount thing...ram ball. Is that what I need? I've never done a roll chart before and I'd like to learn. Except the cutting and taping and rolling part :lol2:

I got busy and didn't realize I needed one.
Bruce
bonehead
DAMN Poohba

Post by bonehead »

So, any big bikes going?
It's All Good, So Make The Day A Good One!!!
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

dirtygrunt wrote:
Kyler wrote:I have for campers:
- dak
- dirtygrunt
- grady
- kyler

everybody bring your favorite beverage

I'll bring the grill and 5G water

we can go out and buy something to grill for dinner when we get there since there are so few of us.
Nearest vittles store is about 25-30 minutes one way-just saying. I'm down for bringing chow.
want anyone to bring anything else? chips? buns?
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
thisguy

Post by thisguy »

I will be there for the ride. The organizers let me in at the last minute :rickey:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

dirtygrunt wrote:
Firebolter wrote:
dirtygrunt wrote: I don't have a route chart thingy :shrug:
I can play follow the leader, right? Except I'm kinda slow. OTOH I know Michaux well enough and will have a small gps in my pack just in case.
I have a spare one I can lend you, IF you have a resettable trip? Without that, won't matter..............
I do have a resettable trip and a um....a mount thing...ram ball. Is that what I need? I've never done a roll chart before and I'd like to learn. Except the cutting and taping and rolling part :lol2:

I got busy and didn't realize I needed one.
No worries. I'll print out another one and load it on there. All you will need to do is install it with a flat blade screw driver. It mounts with a stainless steel hose clamp around your handle bar. I'll come find you guys at the camp site after tech around 7-7:30. I assume you guys will try to get on the back side of the parking lot like you did last year................
Lots of cool bikes---
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

[quote="Firebolter"] You guys got the email with the route sheets and all? [/quote]

Well I did get an email with route instructions and Option descriptions.

HOWEVER, it didn't seem quite right! I didn't see the special DAMN Option early on where KYLER LEADS US ALL UP THE STEEP ROCKY SINGLE TRACK HILL CLIMB UNTIL WE ALL (ONE BY ONE) CRASH AND GET PINNED UNDER OUR BIKES AND THEN HAVE TO TURN THEM AROUND AND BULL DOG THEM BACK DOWN THE SAME TRAIL! :nono: :nono: :nono: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Re: Michaux Dual Sport - Sunday August 14, 2011 rain or

Post by Grady »

Firebolter wrote:Just read the letter from MORE----

Lunch: Lunch is back at the Start/Finish parking lot again this year. There will be a mandatory hand washing
station prior to lunch. There were some that experienced gastrointestinal issues last year. We were never able to
definitively ascertain why this occurred, however, we would like to make certain it never happens again.

I didn't get sick last year. Wash those dirty hands boyz!
I think this was left in from last years form. After the ride in 09' there was a whole bunch of people who got really sick, including myself. Nasty bug hit probably like 50% of the riders. There was a whole list of people on ADV and other sites. I don't think there were any problems last year.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

I`ll be camping too. Do we all need to get a permit?
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Campsite info below. This site is about 10 minutes from the start/finish. Free permit avail online, see link below.

Food-I'll bring sausage dogs, buns and some grillin' beans.

dirtygrunt wrote:Campsite checked out. PA DCNR has an online permit available for camping
Here---> http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/ca ... ation.aspx

Choose site #2 --> http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry/ca ... chaux.aspx

Bruce