Ride report for Sunday 6/12 to Harpers ferry.

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Ride report for Sunday 6/12 to Harpers ferry.

Post by Daves08excr »

Myself, 401Dan and pinkzu took a little ride to Harpers ferry and it was great.I had been through there on 340 a few times but never went into town.We left Joppa around 8:00am and hit 95 to 695 to 40 west. We wanted to stay off 70 as much as possible.
This was our first stop. I know alot of you know this place to bad this is all thats left.I first saw this place in the movie Cry baby.So took a few pics then back on the road.Took 40 up to 70 and heading for 340 but we had to make a pit stop for snacks and a water.
After we refueled our bodys its back to 70.We hit 340 and went into Harpers Ferry.Our first stop was the hotel up on the hill.
Dan and Dawn had been here a few times and gave me some info about the place. It's in bad shape on the one side i hope they get it fixed.We took in the view and the cool breeze for a while then headed for town.
By this time it was lunch time so we hit the train car bbq place and had a nice lunch.
Ok were full have to walk this lunch off.We walked around for a while up on the bridge.
After the Bridge we hit all the little stores and got a real history lesson about John Brown and the town of Harpers ferry.If you have never been here i recomend you check it out.
Ok its hot lets go get the bikes and ride.Dan took us on the other side of the river and up the road by the trail a little ways up and boy is it getting dark.Lets turn around.Just as we got to the 340 over pass the skis opened up on us so under the bridge we went.While we were waiting out the storm this very nice couple on mountian bikes joined us under the bridge for a while. They had road down from Pittsburg heading for Georgtown.300 and some miles on mountian bikes wow they were great.The rain finally stoped so its time to go.
Back to 340 and no 70 on the way back traffic was bad so we went to 15 up to 26 and down. All back roads back to my house in Parkville. My odom says 213 miles round trip.Thats my longest trip so fare. Thank god i bought one of those atv seat covers from walmart.The klr has a sargent seat on it but a little extra padding can't hurt. It was a great days ride Thanks to my riding buddys Dan and Dawn. :thumbup:
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.