Delaware State Enduro

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
CapoGreg

Re: Delaware State Enduro

Post by CapoGreg »

I had Acerbis, Moose, and ProBends and none of them worked. My KLX came with MSR carbon steel bars (YZ Hi, I think), and I guess those bars are the problem. When I get some more $$$ I might get a set of Renthal or ProTaper aluminum bars without the center brace to see if that works.
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Are your bars stock width, or have they been cut down? Narrowing the bars will change the way the guard fits, plus helps in the single track. Just something to think about.
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

I think they're wider than stock. When I measured them, they came in just over 32" tip-to-tip.
motojunky
DAMN Poohba

Post by motojunky »

You can also get shorty levers if you don't want to trim your own.

I rode the Delaware Enduro in 1988 as my first enduro. I'd only been riding for a very short time and had no idea what was going on. I had no hand guards, but was going slow enough that it wasn't an issue. Or at least I had so many other issues that the lack of hand guards didn't even register as a problem. :lol2: I didn't know that I should have some means to carry water either, and have never been so dehydrated since. Make sure you have a camelbak or similar!

Most importantly, just have fun!
old dual sported XR250R
scorpa SY250 trials
some other crap
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Most guys will cut bars to 29-30 inches and with busters added you get to 30-31. I like 30 inches. Get real sketchy at speed if you cut them down too much and you start to loose room for all of the crap you need on your bars. Especially if you run a computer with a thumb switch. Fat bars are definitely the ticket. I switched over to Highway Bark busters and they connect up to to top clamp vice the bars. Top clamp comes with the kit. They have inserts in the end of the bars that you screw into vice the "expander" type on most all other BB's. Plus they have the cool mirrors that fold up and inside the guards themselves. Good stuff. They cost alittle more, but are well made and work awesome. I liked them so much on my Husky, I put them on my 525 Dual SPort. I also cut the "balls" off my levers. Make it easier to move your fingers around the levers when you are moving all over the bike and clears the bb's some.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/

Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

+1 on the Highway Dirtbike hand guards.
That is what I have on my Gas Gas and will be on all future bikes, good stuff :thumbup:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

CapoGreg wrote:I'll be there Saturday no matter what to get my C-card. I also want to stop by Cycle Gear on 40 to see what kind of tires I can get since I waited too long to order from MSS. I'm 95% sure about Sunday, but heavy rain overnight might change my mind.

I need to figure out something for handgaurds too. I've bought 3 sets of them and none have cleared the right lever and brake reservoir. Might have to buy some flat stock from Home Depot and make my own.

You want to hook up Sat. and share a ride to Del. ? I have to work in the am but should be done buy noon.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

Taylor, sorry I didn't see this post until now.

I'm out anyway, I can't find the registration card for my KLX.
Taylor
DAMN Expert

Post by Taylor »

CapoGreg wrote:Taylor, sorry I didn't see this post until now.

Thats ok ended up working most of afternoon :frustrated: and looks like rain all day sun and I don't like riding in the rain anymore.
I bet it will sunny all day now that I bailed out !
You guys that go, good luck and have fun.
2012 Husky WR 125
2009 Husky TE 310
2001 Harley FLHR
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Re: Delaware State Enduro

Post by Grady »

CapoGreg wrote:Taylor, sorry I didn't see this post until now.

I might be wrong, but I think you can print a duplicate online at the MVA site.