2010 Shenandoah 500, Mt. Solon VA - 10/2 & 10/3

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 2010 Shenandoah 500, Mt. Solon VA - 10/2 & 10/3

Post by Rut Row » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:03 pm

psmcn wrote: I'm still kinda new here so I don't know to may names. Can anyone tell me if they know about the condition of the center rider(flip'in teh bird) in this Pic. He went down near Rt33. He was in alot of pain with trouble breathing. It took us a good hour and a half to get him to EMT's thanks to some local Jeepers.

PAUL
NVTR
Hi Paul - that is Greg - Jason's (Hondahawkrider) friend. We dropped his truck at the hospital and I believe he drove home. They didn't find any broken bones last I heard.

HHR to the white courtesy phone for a status update please!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

hondahawkrider
DAMN Poohba

Post by hondahawkrider » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:25 pm

Kyler wrote:
psmcn wrote: I'm still kinda new here so I don't know to may names. Can anyone tell me if they know about the condition of the center rider(flip'in teh bird) in this Pic. He went down near Rt33. He was in alot of pain with trouble breathing. It took us a good hour and a half to get him to EMT's thanks to some local Jeepers.

PAUL
NVTR
Hi Paul - that is Greg - Jason's (Hondahawkrider) friend. We dropped his truck at the hospital and I believe he drove home. They didn't find any broken bones last I heard.

No broken bones, but he really sore and in pain.... once woe dropped off the truck I found out the hospital had moved (not on any gps yet) so I picked him up, got him to his truck and followed him to about a mile of his house....
1997/8 KTM 620 EGS-E Adventure
2013 Honda CB1100
2003 Harley Davidson Wide Glide
1999 Suzuki DR350Se

OTTO
DAMN n00b

Post by OTTO » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:27 pm

hondahawkrider wrote:
Kyler wrote:

PAUL
NVTR

No broken bones, but he really sore and in pain.... once woe dropped off the truck I found out the hospital had moved (not on any gps yet) so I picked him up, got him to his truck and followed him to about a mile of his house....
That's good to know nothing serious .

Paul
Paul McN.
18 KTM 250 EXC-F
16 Honda Africa Twin

Ovo
DAMN Poohba

Post by Ovo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:00 am

I had a good time too..It was great meeting everyone and getting to ride with a lot of you. I learned a lot about doing such events like these:

1 - Bring a spare set of keys or leave them hidden at camp - Losing them on the trail will cost about 175.00.
2 - Tools bring a tool kit with you that will allow you to do simple maintenance on the trail
3 - Bring CO2 and Tubes - Didn't have a flat, but I saw people that did.
4 - Comfort - DAMN my tailbone still hurts today and I only rode one day.
5 - BE IN SHAPE - If you are going to ride these rides, start working out now...
6 - Ride at your own pace. I rode with some very skilled riders and they left me in the dust - I tried to push it and keep up, but I wanted to make sure I was with in my own skill level and just let them go. THANKS FOR WAITING ON ME AT THE INTERSECTIONS!!!
7 - DAMN RIDERS ARE A GREAT GROUP OF GUYS

Again thanks to everyone that was there - I really enjoyed riding Saturday - I was just not into it on Sunday and headed home.

Here are a few pictures I captured from Saturday:

Riders Meeting:
The Hack:
Wrong Use of the Auto Clutch: Bike was tired and layed down: (NOT DAMN RIDER)
Top of Option 1: - Anyone see my keys there... :shrug:
BigBird - Sam doing some carb work on the trail. Had a clogged jet - but was able to get the bike running again...WAY TO GO SAM!!!
Greg just finished getting a non DAMN Rider running on a KLR that had electrical issues:
And my DRZ:
14 Tiger800 XCX
09 Husaberg 450 FE
07 Suzuki DRZ400S

armadillo

Post by armadillo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:02 pm

feeling a bit better today. tucked the front on some wet rocks. landed on my side and bruised some ribs. thanks to the fantastic organization of S500, we had marshals, ham communication, jeep, and waiting ambulance. i'll be back next year for sure.

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:09 pm

armadillo wrote:feeling a bit better today. tucked the front on some wet rocks. landed on my side and bruised some ribs. thanks to the fantastic organization of S500, we had marshals, ham communication, jeep, and waiting ambulance. i'll be back next year for sure.
glad nothing was hurt but your pride!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

shooom
DAMN n00b

Post by shooom » Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:21 pm

armadillo wrote:feeling a bit better today. tucked the front on some wet rocks. landed on my side and bruised some ribs. thanks to the fantastic organization of S500, we had marshals, ham communication, jeep, and waiting ambulance. i'll be back next year for sure.
ouch! man that is kinda scary. glad you are doing better.
KX250F

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:39 pm

:poser:

Sorry dude, I couldn't resist!

It was good to ride with you, the only way to get into shape for this kinda riding is to ride. :whoop: :roost:

You coming to Granville's?
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:03 pm

I just got done unloading my truck, just got over being too sore to do it, and I found 2 XL t-shirts from this event. That's one more than I paid for so if one of you is missing your t-shirt lemme know and we will figure out how to get it back to you.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:05 pm

Good to hear you are not too beat up. I hope to see you at another ride soon!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.