Western, MD Camp & Ride Oct. 15,16 & 17

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Western, MD Camp & Ride Oct. 15,16 & 17

Post by Bucho »

So much for keeping that bike a secret and just showing up w/ it...

The bike feels fast, I feel horribly awkward on it. I need to get used to higher speed corners w/out engine braking.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

I take it that means you bought it? If so, it was nice riding with you, see ya back at the camp. :whoop:

Congrats man, it couldn't happen to a more deserving dude.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Bucho wrote:So much for keeping that bike a secret and just showing up w/ it...

The bike feels fast, I feel horribly awkward on it. I need to get used to higher speed corners w/out engine braking.
Sorry about that, but it is all Ken and Grady's fault, they started it :peep:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

this thread should be a sticky too

Of course thats the same weekend we will be riding at Wolfs Den in Kitzmiller. I think we will leave the pilots home this time and do more of a bike ride thing, definately bringing the dual sports. If its ok with you guys I would love to lead a crew of guys over to Grantsville's place using as little road as possible or the reverse. Not looking to recruit but anyone would be welcome, I would probably have 4 or 5 guys possibly with a local that knows the trails very well but if not I have made it from backbone to dans by feel but its been a while, there will be a few wrong turns.
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Hare wrote:this thread should be a sticky too

Of course thats the same weekend we will be riding at Wolfs Den in Kitzmiller. I think we will leave the pilots home this time and do more of a bike ride thing, definately bringing the dual sports. If its ok with you guys I would love to lead a crew of guys over to Grantsville's place using as little road as possible or the reverse. Not looking to recruit but anyone would be welcome, I would probably have 4 or 5 guys possibly with a local that knows the trails very well but if not I have made it from backbone to dans by feel but its been a while, there will be a few wrong turns.

That's all good. Dan's Rock is not too far. The locals have shown me several ways off road from my place. The east side of 36 along the tracks takes about 45 mins. The west side can take hours depending on the route. It seems every local in conie know the east side. I only know several locals that know the west side. I encourage the dual sporters. A lot to see and hear about around the area.
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Okay - so now we need to find a local to show us the east side...
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

Kyler wrote:Okay - so now we need to find a local to show us the east side...
we have the right local guy, problem will be getting him line up for a Saturday run, he perfers later sundays to avoid conflicts but i cant do that, me needs to work on mondays

the two main problems in the west are the Westvaco property and the hill on savage being too steep to get down, Dans is a cake walk. Maybe we can get Chris and some of the R&T guys fired up
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Whoa... I guess I'm a little slow. I just realized the dates are changed on this.

I'll still be there.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Surron UltraBee
Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row »

Bucho wrote:Whoa... I guess I'm a little slow. I just realized the dates are changed on this.

I'll still be there.
:rant: same here - that is the weekend I'm taking the bride to the Biltmore. :foul:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Bucho wrote:Whoa... I guess I'm a little slow. I just realized the dates are changed on this.

I'll still be there.
Hey, I just noticed they had changed as well - to a weekend I have off!! :loveit: Bucho, if I can get a kitchen pass you wanna truck pool? It'll be me and Godzilla.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.