Never noticed this before

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Re: Never noticed this before

Post by the dude himself »

Kyler wrote:
CapoGreg wrote:I will once I get my license. It's gonna be a little delayed now that I have to pay for a house instead of an apartment.
I had something like that happen to me. Shortly after my SO converted to SWMBO, my flying budget went to zero. I have around 400 hours but haven't been up in nearly 10 years.
My SWMBO actually wants to learn with me. I have 200+ ultralight hours, and probably 100+ 172/Piper time, but only 20 loggable - worked for a local FBO for years and ferried some planes, but no flight physical.

Looking to take some of the cash when I sell my GS and chase after my sport pilot license, there are a few fields out near the Bay Bridge that are still relatively reasonably priced. Would like to pick up an LSA to continue building hours towards GA. I have a buddy who's an out-of-work CFI if anyone aroud here owns a plane. We could probably talk him into staying with me for a few weeks while training us.
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

I rode up there and checked out the one area that caught my eye. It's pretty well marked "No Trespassing" both on the right-of-ways and the adjacent private land. Do any of you know how aggressively BGE and the cops target people for riding on a right-of-way? I would think it's not a big deal, they just do that as a CYA in case someone hurts themself then want's to sue the power company.
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

Rode through the area again today. Fresh tracks going up the hills on both sides of the road. So somebody's riding the area, I guess they only worry about it when someone complains.
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

I say load the 9 and go checker out :thumbup:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

If I still had the knobbies on I might have done it yesterday. I only saw 1 other vehicle while I was checking it out from the road.

Here's a link to the map. There's access just north of the intersection of Dr. Jack Road and Waibel Road, then it goes northwest crossing Rowland & Russell roads, then ending at an unmarked farm road.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&ms ... 2&t=h&z=14
B DIRT
DAMN Poohba

Post by B DIRT »

Looks fun, Id blaze it :bandit:
2002 XR650R (plated)
1990 TransAlp
2000 XR650R (trophy)
2002 CR125R
2009 Big Red
1977 CT90
2008 CRF230L (wifeys)
2003 XR650R (crackbabys)
1999 CR80R (crackbabys)
1972 XL250 (crackbabys)
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

Brian, do you ever ride on the Reading Anthracite property? I don't have a off-road bike yet, but I'm thinking about getting the permit and taking the Mule up there, and wouldn't mind having someone with me since I've never been there before.
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Greg my parents live in the mobilhome park acrossed from graigtown market.My father drives a school bus for the guy thats across from the royal farm store he owns some of that land by the power lines and he is not a bike freindly guy if you know what i mean.If you ride there go through quickly he will call the cops.
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

I just went back and looked at the map. the guys property is between dr jack and 276 so if you stay off that section you should be fine.If you want to ride up and check it out sometime let me know ill go with you. :thumbup:
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
FourStroke

Post by FourStroke »

I've ridden up there several times. Never had a problem. I usually see people walking their dogs down the power lines. There are some trails off to the side of the powerlines.

I led a ride last August & rode down through there. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=481391

I lost my gps on that ride somewhere down that stretch of cable trail. I love blasting down those cable trails!

Last edited by FourStroke on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.