I have been having problems with the server running out of resources and giving errors. It is better but I'm still getting some periodically. Please report any you get to me at ken@kyler.com.

Memorial Weekend - who is riding where?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Re: Memorial Weekend - who is riding where?

Post by chriskoz » Thu May 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Sorry I can't make this ride, I'll be at the beach, hopefully surfing. See you guys in a couple of weeks at Tasker's. Hey skierd, I'm in Towson as well. Shoot me a PM when you get a chance.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F

DINGO

Post by DINGO » Fri May 22, 2009 12:12 am

shooom wrote:will anyone be at greenridge sunday? i'm suppose to meet a friend and possibly his dad at the visitor center around 9am.
I'll be out there. I'm also going tomorrow and Saturday. See ya there!

21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike » Sat May 23, 2009 6:05 pm

Ok so I'm getting ready to set my stuff out for the AM but don't know what to expect..... If any mud or deep water crossing I'm not wearing my spiffy new Alpinestars boots.... If it's gonna be a bunch of gravel and dirt I'll wear the MX boots even though they are too freakin hot to wear for hrs on end..... Oh and was just lookin at some maps.... and near PawPaw will we be takin' the DETOUR :lol2: :roost:
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Sat May 23, 2009 6:44 pm

21783mike wrote:Ok so I'm getting ready to set my stuff out for the AM but don't know what to expect..... If any mud or deep water crossing I'm not wearing my spiffy new Alpinestars boots.... If it's gonna be a bunch of gravel and dirt I'll wear the MX boots even though they are too freakin hot to wear for hrs on end..... Oh and was just lookin at some maps.... and near PawPaw will we be takin' the DETOUR :lol2: :roost:
No mud - easy ridin' fer sure :thumbup:

no water crossings either - maybe some really small ones - no DR drowning crossings fer sure :thumbup:

Lunch at Granny's in PawPaw - good eatin' fer sure :eats:

Not sure about the detours tho :roost:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

I'll be there at 8 eatin' breakfast

Post by Rut Row » Sat May 23, 2009 7:28 pm

If you want a cheap breakfast, be there at 8.

LDS (Gas, minimart and deli)
201 S Church St (aka Rte 17)
Middletown, MD 21769

Bucho is pullin' out at 0830 - call if you're going to be late 2 4 0 - 6 0 1 - 5 7 0 5
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Sat May 23, 2009 10:42 pm

Yes, we will be avoiding the DR drowning watercrossings for sure. Like Ken said, maybe some smaller ones. Shouldn't be really muddy, but we'll be on dirtroads, so there might be some.

As of the moment nobody has gotten the ADV MD tag, it is sitting out at Greenridge. We'll probably get bruced, but we'll give it a try.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Rut Row
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Rut Row » Sun May 24, 2009 6:31 pm

The day started great. For a while, I thought we were going to have a Hog on the ride :lol2:

While I was waiting, I had this :kbasa:

Dave, in fine mdubya tradition, had this :screwy:

Bucho led us here via a rather circuitous route - a cool ride - I'll have to go back and do it again - I think there was some great scenery! :whoop:

The food was good and I recommend it to your attention :eats:

So we rode around some more and had a few spills... resulting in the obligatory roadside repairs. :whip:

but I'm still trying to figger out how the mud got on the INSIDE of the windshield! :screwy: :shrug:

Great ride Bucho! Thanks for taking the time to research it and lead it. :hi5:
Ken

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Sun May 24, 2009 7:59 pm

Yeah, was a good ride. It all worked out pretty well except for the closed road. We thought we could get through on the far side.
We were wrong. But it was good practice hopping logs.
Where are the pics of the downed bikes, I think we got a few. I know someone got Ken's bike down, did we get a pic of the Yamaha hung up on the log?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike » Sun May 24, 2009 10:56 pm

Bucho wrote:Yeah, was a good ride. It all worked out pretty well except for the closed road. We thought we could get through on the far side.
We were wrong. But it was good practice hopping logs.
Where are the pics of the downed bikes, I think we got a few. I know someone got Ken's bike down, did we get a pic of the Yamaha hung up on the log?

Downed bikes? I was just letting mine rest for a few minutes.... yeah, yeah that's it :lol2: :lol2:
Dave was snappin all the pics..... I'm sure we can pay him enough to not post them. :brows: :brows:
Thanks guys for leading a great ride... I belive we covered all the bases - mud, water, gravel, log hopping, high speed tight twisty pavement (Detour was freakin incredible)
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco

skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd » Sun May 24, 2009 11:15 pm

Stuck? I don't remember getting stuck... if no one has a pic it didn't happen. :peep:

Speaking of pics, here's mine:
Up in the morning with the rising sun, gonna ride all day till the riding's done... right around 6:00am looking out over Towson

Make a quick breakfast, then out to R²

Starting mileage was 2311...

Get to the meeting point around 8, gang's all here by 8:30

After the FUN ride to Hancock :roost: , investigating just how dead that end was... Lots of downed trees that we got to go over twice because the sign was right!

Ah tower road, much better.
:thumbup:

So much for street tires... being a useless newb, of course I took pictures instead of helping. :amazon:

tag!

after lunch, there was a lot of this

and a lot of mud/rocks that I didn't get. A quick stop for maintenance near the Canal

Ken taking the KLR on the hero route

Then a lot more of this :rickey: and eventually I get back to Towson around 7pm. End mileage, 2643, almost looks like a real dirt bike now

Can't wait for the next ride!
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change