I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Rekluse install

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Re: Rekluse install

Post by OldmanX »

Boom Boom wrote:Bucho you nailed it.
Yep it is that simple.
You can adjust for how fast you want the lock up to kick in but to shift just chop the throttle and go for the next gear.
As long as you have a few rpm's it will stay locked up so you still have engine braking for down hills.
My 300exc came with the auto clutch installed and I am spoiled now.
The way that your gracious wife allows you to ride when you want and buy motorcycles when you want, you were spoiled long before the 300 w/Rekluse showed up.
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Checked the clutch plate gap today and it was good, so I reverse bled the clutch. That seems to have fixed it, lots of air in the line. I suppose it got all the air from laying on its side for about an hour. Now it works like a charm :thumbup: Buttery smooth! :bandit: and you can still use the clutch lever to pop the front up. I can't wait to get this thing into some tight stuff. I don't see how it couldn't help improve my speed in the technical stuff, or at least lessen the fatigue which would then help improve my speed. I'm stoked to try it on the trails! I don't think I've ever been this impressed or excited about a modification. Hell, I think I'm more excited about this than I was about the initial purchase of the bike.
Hopefully it will work on the trail as I imagine, otherwise I'll be pretty disappointed. :dirtdog:

I know many people put them down, and say you just need to learn better clutch control. Or real men don't need them. I don't ride to impress others, I ride for my own enjoyment. I figure anything that helps improve my riding ability and speed all while making it more enjoyable to me is well worth it. No matter what anyone else thinks.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Welcome to the "cheaters club" :cheers:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr