I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Rekluse install

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Rekluse install

Post by Grady »

Well, I decided to get the Husky in the basement and install the Rekluse today. I can't believe how easy it was, and how smooth it went. If I knew it was going to be so simple, I would have just dealt with the cold for an hour, instead of fighting to get the bike into the basement. Actually getting in was no problem but getting it out was another story. The instructions were great and everything went just right. About an hour later I was done. I only got to do a little test around the neighborhood, but it seems to be working great. This thing is so smooth, I cant wait to try it on some technical stuff. The only issue I have to work out is the clutch lever has a lot of play before it starts to disengage. I might need to check my gaps again and bleed the clutch system. Other than that this thing is awesome.

Here's a few pics of the install.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Rekluse install

Post by Boom Boom »

Trials tire & auto clutch, sure hope you rode the DAMN thing out of the basement :harhar:
That Shade mountain rock climb will be so simple now. :ride:
Send out a thread over at Cafe Husky for adjustment tips on the clutch adjustments, I know Kelly (Motosportz) will jump in and help you out.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote:Trials tire & auto clutch, sure hope you rode the DAMN thing out of the basement :harhar:
I was thinking the same thing! :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Boom Boom wrote:Trials tire & auto clutch, sure hope you rode the DAMN thing out of the basement :harhar:

Wish I could have. Unfortunately there is a break in procedure to do, and it didn't include riding it up the stairs as it's first step. Also, I didn't want to find out when and how hard it would grab while on the stairs. All I could picture would be giving it gas, the RPMs going to like 5 grand then the clutch grabbing and launching the bike up the stairs. Maybe next time.
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

That would be some funny shit :harhar:
Husky launching toward the sky and Grady flat on his ass watching it go. :roost:
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

"The only issue I have to work out is the clutch lever has a lot of play before it starts to disengage. "

Which Rekluse is this? A std. Z-start or a Pro. If its not the Pro, then I think that you're going to find that is just the way it is. All 3 of my Rekluse clutches are the std. version. The 2 Yammies both have the "perch adjuster" override, and the KTM has the stock hyd. clutch slave set-up. The KTM has slightly better feel than the Yammies, but all that the lever does is give you positive disengagement...which helps you find neutral better. You won't use the lever while riding.
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

It's a Pro version. I'd like to have the clutch still work for finding neutral, and for some of my many OH Shit moments.
OldmanX
DAMN Expert

Post by OldmanX »

Grady wrote:It's a Pro version. I'd like to have the clutch still work for finding neutral, and for some of my many OH Shit moments.
Ok...then you should be able adjust it so that it engages/disengages like a normal clutch.
530 XCR-W...plated
300 XC
WR450
XR600R...for sale
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I've never used a rekluse. Does it essentially turn the clutch into an "auto-clutch" like on a quad? Where you just use your foot to shift gears and don't have to touch the clutch lever?
I understand it keeps you from stalling, w/out having to use the clutch.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Bucho you nailed it.
Yep it is that simple.
You can adjust for how fast you want the lock up to kick in but to shift just chop the throttle and go for the next gear.
As long as you have a few rpm's it will stay locked up so you still have engine braking for down hills.
My 300exc came with the auto clutch installed and I am spoiled now.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr