I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

DAMN reunion 2010

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Maximus

Re: DAMN reunion 2010

Post by Maximus »

My first DAMN visit was brief but great. Good to put some faces to some names. It looked like it was going to be a great weekend of riding. Thanks Bucho for the lift over and helping me break the DRZ in. First time on a ORV trail in a long time. Moments of pure bliss and terror. :whoop: :knary:
I look forward to some more rides with you guys. :thumbup:
Kris_Kris
DAMN n00b

Post by Kris_Kris »

My adventure really kicked it to high gear Thursday night while on my way from Indianapolis to the camp grounds. Around 8:00 in the evening about 10 miles away from the camp ground my T-case gave up on the highway. Here is a photo of the truck, bike and all the camping gear on the tow truck.

They took the truck to a RED NECK transmission shop back in the woods where (in the dark) I unloaded my bike and as much gear as I could. Guess I was making some noise because Bubba and Bubba Jr came flying in in their rat mobile to see what was going on.

The accommodations at the Fairfield inn Cumberland for the next 2 nights were much better than my tent anyway. After riding all day Friday with a great DAMN group the shower was pretty nice.

Dont let this pair of 250's riders fool you. They scoot right along. And signs? I did not see any signs. Oh, on the other side of the gate. LOL

Seriously though. Thanks for letting me tag along. You guys know where the good trails are.

Big thanks to the Web Master. Great event Bro. Sorry I jinxed your CR500.

My truck wont be fixed for a week so I rode my x-country home on Saturday trying to beat the storm. (I did not beat it) With no wind screen and knobby tires, I ended up riding the old National road as much as I could on the way home as it runs from MD all the way to Indianapolis. Stopped at Ft necessity and a few other points of interest on the way. It was a very interesting ride.

It was great to see every one. I will try again next year.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Kris - thanks for coming but I'm blaming everything on you :lol2:

Carnage report
- trashed transfer case (Kris Kris)
- slagged CR500 (freshly rebuilt I might add - Kyler)
- 3 drowned motorcycles (watch for thread on the Golden Snorkel Awards)
- kicked stand ripped off (*MY* DAMN KTM - Wingfixer)
- Busted hand (Big Bird)
- Broken arm
- contusions, abrasions and other lacerations (various)

DAMN... was this fun or what! :harhar:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
OnOff
DAMN Expert

Post by OnOff »

GREAT time at GR and thanks to all those who organized behind the scenes. Never will you meet a better group of hooligans. Across the board, the nicest people on the planet. The iron man award MUST go to Big Bird for stickin around after breaking fingers and getting 30 stitches! He showed up at 4am and not a single complaint. His wife was also a trooper and it was great to meet both of them!
I took about 300 pix and they turned out great, but I need to edit them down to scale for online use! Our trip started off with Skierd and I taking the 200 mile twisty loop to GR from the Baltimore region. Of course on one of our first stream crossings of the trip there was a fireworks truck high sided in the creek! His rear bumper was stuck up on some rocks and his drive wheels were above ground! Skierd, thanks for picking out an interesting route to GR and riding with you was a blast. You run a nice pace even if your route only includes roads with cattle guard crossings :lol2:
My bike before and after and this year I almost caught on fire again...
Last year, my big gun exhaust leaked, melted my side panels and caught my Ortliebs on fire. This year my bags pulled down the fender to the point the new pipe burned a hole through my turn signal, my fender and my rear bag! WTF is it with Green Ridge and melting bike parts!
Chris also got a set of my pix on his mini laptop so feel free to ask him for pix as well! :freakey:
I'll start editing those pix and thanks again for a great ride.
Time spent riding is not deducted from one's life...
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

Thanks Pete, glad you enjoyed the ride. Good thing I cut some of that ride out or we wouldn't have made it before dark!

As soon as I got home (THANK YOU GRADY), I changed the oil and used up the three half bottles of different oils I had laying around and changed the filter. Ran the bike for a couple minutes, then changed the oil again to freshly purchased rotella 15w40. Ran it for a few more minutes, until the case started to get warm, then changed it again. On the last drain, the oil was slightly milky at the start then cleared up (especially at the filter where it was basically clear). Filled it up again, let it idle until it warmed up, then took her on a quick lap through the neighborhood. She lives! And is apparently none the worse for the excursion...

I'll change the oil again after riding to and from work on Tuesday (~50 miles total by then) and again with a new filter on Friday or Saturday (~100-150 miles). I'm cleaning the air filter now too. Sound about right? This is the first bike I've drowned...

I'm working on the pics I have and the vids I have...
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd »

Morning DS Ride, the little bypass at 15 mile creek road

[youtubeurl][/youtubeurl]

Town Creek 1

Town Creek 2

Town Creek 3 (this is where I earned the Golden Snorkel :peep: )
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change
Kris_Kris
DAMN n00b

Post by Kris_Kris »

Kyler wrote:Kris - thanks for coming but I'm blaming everything on you :lol2:

Carnage report
- trashed transfer case (Kris Kris)
- slagged CR500 (freshly rebuilt I might add - Kyler)
- 3 drowned motorcycles (watch for thread on the Golden Snorkel Awards)
- kicked stand ripped off (*MY* DAMN KTM - Wingfixer)
- Busted hand (Big Bird)
- Broken arm
- contusions, abrasions and other lacerations (various)

DAMN... was this fun or what! :harhar:
I bet you were liking that clutch for those water crossing.
XRAnimal
DAMN Expert

Post by XRAnimal »

Had a great time. Thanks you all!

Here are a few

B DIRT and The Dirt Bagz
The DIRT PIT

Girl Power Badges of Honor
The Sweeper

Something in common?
XRAnimal
2003 XR400R (plated)
2012 Super Tenere
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Okay - where are the DAMN RRob pictures? :brows:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Junior
DAMN Poohba

Post by Junior »

I had a great DAMN time. WoW!!!!!! Good poeple, good riding, what more is there to say.
Thank you everyone. Come on 777. This is going to be a great summer.
99 WR 250 Goat
07 DR 650 Mule
14 Super Tenere 1200 OX