I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Anyone w/ spare DR650 parts?

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Anyone w/ spare DR650 parts?

Post by Bucho »

One of the bearings in the rear wheel of my DR was completely destroyed on my way home the other night.
I was hoping to go to the Shenendoah 500 this weekend. I've ordered some new parts but one of them is going to be delayed "1-4 days". Its possible I might get it by Friday, but doesn't look too likely.
The rear hub and the two bearing inside are okay. It was the bearing inside the sprocket that was toast and in turn fragged up the inside of the sprocket piece. It is that sprocket piece that is probably not going to make it to my house in time. Does anyone have a spare wheelset and have a spare sprocket piece I could borrow?
Sorry if I'm not explaining this well. It isn't the sprocket itself I need, but the drum piece that the rear sprocket attaches to.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Roadracer_Al

Re: Anyone w/ spare DR650 parts?

Post by Roadracer_Al »

If you can find a welder/machinist (talk to Kyler about his frame guy) to fix up the hub, the bearings ought to be standard and readily available through any industrial bearing distributor. IMHO, replace any sealed-1-side bearing with sealed-both-sides (which is the more common variety anyway). You'll give up a tiny fraction of HP to friction, but they'll last a shitload longer.

Just take the bearing to the bearing distributor and they'll be able to match it.

Wish I were there to help a brotha out.

Good luck with that!
jxs2151
DAMN Expert

Post by jxs2151 »

Bucho wrote:One of the bearings in the rear wheel of my DR was completely destroyed on my way home the other night.
I was hoping to go to the Shenendoah 500 this weekend. I've ordered some new parts but one of them is going to be delayed "1-4 days". Its possible I might get it by Friday, but doesn't look too likely.
The rear hub and the two bearing inside are okay. It was the bearing inside the sprocket that was toast and in turn fragged up the inside of the sprocket piece. It is that sprocket piece that is probably not going to make it to my house in time. Does anyone have a spare wheelset and have a spare sprocket piece I could borrow?
Sorry if I'm not explaining this well. It isn't the sprocket itself I need, but the drum piece that the rear sprocket attaches to.

Curiously enough I have my DR's rear wheel in pieces changing the tube and cleaning up the innards. Send me a PM and we can arrange something.

Jeff
chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz »

If it doesn't work out with Jeff, you are more than welcome to borrow my rear wheel.
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I appreciate the offers. For a multitude of reasons, I'm going to bail on the DAMN crew this weekend.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200