Sand Blast Rally 2010 - Who's in?

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
the dude himself
DAMN Expert

Re: Sand Blast Rally 2010 - Who's in?

Post by the dude himself » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:50 am

Yeah, I bought a pair for $200 in 2008 - they were brand new Tekniks. Just barely fit. I need to check on tires, but otherwise I think I'm set. Thankfully Karen LOVES Tennessee.

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:07 am

I suck at fast riding and sand sure can make me look like I just learned how to ride, however I must say that looks interesting and you might twist my arm into trying that next year.
I see no reason that we can not gather enough support to make it a DAMN event.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr

JaxObsessed

Post by JaxObsessed » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:50 am

Kyler wrote:
code wrote:Secondly, he said "bromance" bahahahahahahahahahaha :harhar: :harhar: :poser: :harhar: :harhar: I'll be camping far opposite of ken from now on with a padlock on my tent door and my pants :poser:
Code 'olr buddy... we have a lot to talk about... :hug: :lol2:
OK you two :dirtdog: Knock it off or i'm gonna have to hose you down. :jack:

But... Seriously Ken and Bucho. Thanks for the great story and pix. You guys ROCK! :cheers:

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:58 pm

the dude himself wrote:Yeah, I bought a pair for $200 in 2008 - they were brand new Tekniks. Just barely fit. I need to check on tires, but otherwise I think I'm set. Thankfully Karen LOVES Tennessee.

Awesome Dude, you can be the official envoy for RallyTN.
W/out leathers and limited funds and time, I'm not planning on going. If I can only do one more, I want to go to RallyWV. I already have the sumo wheels, maybe next year.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:03 pm

Boom Boom wrote:I suck at fast riding and sand sure can make me look like I just learned how to ride, however I must say that looks interesting and you might twist my arm into trying that next year.
I see no reason that we can not gather enough support to make it a DAMN event.
That would be great to have a few more along. I know the entrance fee isnt cheap. But think about have full out blitz down roads where there wont be any oncoming traffic, you wont get in trouble w/ LEOs, they time you, and you have full medivac ready to get help to you in minutes.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200

code
DAMN Poohba

Post by code » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:43 pm

Bucho wrote:you have full medivac ready to get help to you in minutes.
That's reassuring :harhar: :poser: :harhar:

Kath

Post by Kath » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:06 pm

Wow! Just getting around to reading the report. Great reports and pics.

Nuckin' futs, you guys are! :lol2:

chriskoz
DAMN Expert

Post by chriskoz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:18 pm

Kyler wrote:
chriskoz wrote:I'm envious on so many levels!
Hats off to you guys.
don't be envious. Come race with us! Good gawd man, I'm 57 and only been riding dirt for 2 years. RRob, mdubya, Bucho et al still laugh about my first pitiful effort on a KLR with bald tires.

The ONLY thing holding you back is you.
I hear ya Ken, but right now all my free time goes to my two year old twins. It seems the fog is starting to lift and I can see myself planning some bigger rides. It's a constant dilemma trying to balance careers, marriage, family and hobbies. I'm glad you guys are out there doing your thing, it gives me something to look forward to knowing that when I have the time there are like minded individuals (scary thought) that I can join to share in these unique experiences.
I've already started scoping out the 2010 Harescramble series. Anyone interested in hitting a couple?
2006 VTX 1300
2006 YZ250F

Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:26 pm

chriskoz wrote:I've already started scoping out the 2010 Harescramble series. Anyone interested in hitting a couple?
I watched RRob and Racer Al do a Harescramble and heard about Bucho's attempt. Talk about nut cases... dude that is way too extreme for me!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris

skierd
DAMN Expert

Post by skierd » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:51 pm

If anyone doing Rally TN is interested, I've got a Kenda K761 front tire (90/90-21) sitting around gathering dust that looks barely worn. Free to whomever can come pick it up. While its a SuMo event, you can't run full race tires nor anything knobby.

I'd be interested in an Enduro maybe, but probably sticking to DS rides this year.
Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time...
'08 WR250R w/ an X change