I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

There is nothing left to overhaul...

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: There is nothing left to overhaul...

Post by Rut Row »

After a lot of thought, the Wasp is on semi-permanent hold until/unless we find a used motor real cheap. All future $$$ goes to the SV650 powered hack. I had a long talk with Curtis (my frame builder) and we think we can have the frame ready around the 1st of the year and a running bike by early spring.

So the Wasp gets covered with a tarp and goes on the back burner and the Hornet becomes the primary focus.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

word

but still dont give up hope yet, you never know what you might find plus you could always sell off the good parts (and even the not so good) of your current engine to offset some cost. That will be an quick fix with the right deal, basically just toss the engine in. my guys have all been out of town so no info good or bad on my end.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hare wrote:but still dont give up hope yet, you never know what you might find plus you could always sell off the good parts (and even the not so good) of your current engine to offset some cost. That will be an quick fix with the right deal, basically just toss the engine in. my guys have all been out of town so no info good or bad on my end.
I ain't giving up hope but I've stopped holding my breath :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Kyler, I'm willing to be your "agent" on this coast. I see big CR's over here pretty frequently. I can post a "wanted" ad on the local CL and box for shipping. Interested?
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Roadracer_Al wrote:Kyler, I'm willing to be your "agent" on this coast. I see big CR's over here pretty frequently. I can post a "wanted" ad on the local CL and box for shipping. Interested?
Yup - but my budget is low - $600 shipped is all I can tolerate right now.
Ken
FourStroke

Post by FourStroke »

I saw this ad this morning for a CR500. Says it has a new crank. $1,000.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/1408511563.html
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

How about a wide-ratio CR500 motor/transmission?

Post by Rut Row »

Racer Al hooked me up with a guy (Dan Meisner) in Baltimore that has a bunch of CR500 motors. He has 2 1985 motors and a bunch from other years. AND... he has 2 motors (I forgot the year) with wide-ratio transmissions! I'm thinking the Wasp needs a wide-ratio transmission! :brows:

We are both busy this coming weekend but I hope to get over there the weekend after.

Yo - Hare - do you know Dan?
Ken
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Very cool -- that sounds like it's going to work out great for both of you.
Hare
DAMN Poohba

Post by Hare »

I dont think i know Dan BUT

that does sound like the hook! I would be glad to look at them for you and or come with you
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Hare wrote:I dont think i know Dan BUT

that does sound like the hook! I would be glad to look at them for you and or come with you
cool - I'll call you when I have a time setup - your advise, etc will be invaluable

and I can pickup the dead carcass of the old CR500 at the same time.
Ken