I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

CanAm 560

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
Roadracer_Al

Re: CanAm 560

Post by Roadracer_Al »

I went out to look at it yesterday. It's a *beast*. It's a bit bigger/wider than an XR650L, and a whole lot bigger than a DRZ. That Rotax mill is really large and burly. I have to fix the leak in the crankcase first thing - it was sitting in a small pond of oil. Good news, the owner has factory manuals for the bike and for the Rotax motor.

Turns out that only one of the three frames were registered as an "off-road-only" green-sticker bike, and that's actually not the frame that the bike is built on at the moment, so technically, I could try dual-sporting it or street-tracker-ing it as MW suggests. That would be cool, too. Might also be a good project to build my first ground-up frame, and register as home built.

TAT, hell yeah - that's a 'lifetime goal', along with riding to Alaska, & riding across the Australian Outback.

I'm **digging** those Mitchell or Performance Machine wheels in the first pic -- I haven't seen those in ages. I remember AOD ran those on their first FZR400 bike.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Roadracer_Al wrote:TAT, hell yeah - that's a 'lifetime goal', along with riding to Alaska, & riding across the Australian Outback
:brows: IN! - might have to get a divorce first tho :huh:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Maybe we could convince the wives to be room-mates for a while as we go romping around on our adventures.

Think they'd buy that? :dirtdog: I'm thinking maybe not.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Roadracer_Al wrote:Maybe we could convince the wives to be room-mates for a while as we go romping around on our adventures.

Think they'd buy that? :dirtdog: I'm thinking maybe not.
I think you are psychic :lol2:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Looks like the beast is coming home - temporary or permanent remains to be seen - on Tuesday!
Roadracer_Al

Post by Roadracer_Al »

Arrival is rescheduled to next week sometime.