I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Greetings from a long time lurker

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
mica

Greetings from a long time lurker

Post by mica »

So I first heard of DAMN last summer when I met a couple of DAMN'ers at Code's cookout.(I've been riding with Code for about as long as we have both been riding) So I lurked here a bit at the time, I lurked ADV also. The reason I did not 'participate' was I do not own a DS or any bike that is remotely off road capable, my ride was a Honda VFR/Interceptor, so I didn't really have much to contribute to a forum where people scorn asphalt. :ride:

Fast forward a bit and in one of those 'it's a small world' scenarios(not motorcycle related), I met RRob this past spring. He told me don't be &^*%* and sign up here. So I did eventually.

That brings me to today. I have sold the VFR and should be picking up a DR 650 in the next week. WOOHOOOO!!!!!! :roost:

Pretty long winded intro, huh? I am usually short on words.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Greetings from a long time lurker

Post by Bucho »

Welcome.
Get a set of knobbies and come w/ us to NJ in September. The DR is a great bike. If you can swing it, get a second set of wheels. One for street based dualsporting/motarding, and a knobby set for offroading.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by mdubya »

Welcome Mica. The new DR may not be as great as the VFR on long hauls, but it will take you places the VFR could never dream of going. :roost:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Post by Granville »

Greetings Mica, I can help you turn the DR650 into a great single track bike.....maybe :ride:
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

big +1 on the above - and about DAMN time you quit lurking!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
mica

Post by mica »

I probably won't be trying to turn it into a single track machine. One day I would like to get a 250 for that. I do ride a lot and need something road worthy but capable of some gravel and dirt and a few rocks.
Daves08excr
DAMN Poohba

Post by Daves08excr »

Mica welcome to dirt side. :loveit: :rayof:
2021 Africa twin.
2022 Kayo k6-EFI.

WELCOME TO THE DIRT SIDE.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

mica wrote:I probably won't be trying to turn it into a single track machine. One day I would like to get a 250 for that. I do ride a lot and need something road worthy but capable of some gravel and dirt and a few rocks.
True dat :thumbup:

I can wheel the KLR around pretty decent, but I had to get a little DR250 for real trail riding. I'm glad I did.

That and the DAMN KLR couldn't keep up with my son's KX80 :lol2:

Welcome :cheers:
Bruce