I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

In the DAMN area for a couple months

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
anomad

In the DAMN area for a couple months

Post by anomad »

Howdy folks. Stumbled into this forum from advrider when I was looking up information on the area. I am working in Springfield, VA for a couple months on a temporary assignment. Who knows, sometimes these things turn into transfers/promotions. I'm not sure if I could retain my limited grip on sanity in the metro area though?

Hoping bob's bmw might have something on the used lot I should take back to New Mexico with me when I am done here. Till then I am pedaling my "dual sport" up and down GWMP bike path.
mdubya
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: In the DAMN area for a couple months

Post by mdubya »

Welcome. :cheers:
DRZ S and SM
Vertemati SM
KTM 520 EXC
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Indeed - welcome! :cheers:

bring your "dual sport" out for some easy gravel rides with us. :bandit:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

I'm not really knocking BMW's. (I might have another one someday) But I think Bob's is more of a place to go check out bikes and dream. I think all of his stuff (and BMW's in general) are over priced.
There are alot of super cheap half a decade old Jap dualsports, that you could buy and ride for a few months and sell w/out losing much money at all. Or keep and take back home.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
John Go

Post by John Go »

Welcome.
Bob's had a nice used dakar 650 last time I was there. I think it is still there. I considered it, but ended up getting a new KLR instead.
anomad

Post by anomad »

Thanks for the welcomes! I had a great weekend camping up in Shenandoah.

Bucho wrote:I'm not really knocking BMW's. (I might have another one someday) But I think Bob's is more of a place to go check out bikes and dream. I think all of his stuff (and BMW's in general) are over priced.
There are alot of super cheap half a decade old Jap dualsports, that you could buy and ride for a few months and sell w/out losing much money at all. Or keep and take back home.
I agree (from my limited exposure).

I'm definitely looking for a keeper to compliment my other bike at home. Something fuel injected, preferably without a chain, not too big...
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

something fuel injected w/out a chain drive...

okay, I guess then you do want a BMW
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Skyclad

Post by Skyclad »

Bucho wrote:something fuel injected w/out a chain drive...

Or a Ulysses. :brows:
anomad

Post by anomad »

Bucho wrote:something fuel injected w/out a chain drive...

When it comes down to writing a check a '99 DR650 sounds better....

Say, do any of you good folks have creative parking solutions? I am staying in a condo and have permission from the parking nazi's to park one vehicle where I can find a spot.