I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Emmitsburg, Trail Work/Ride 2/17/24

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Emmitsburg, Trail Work/Ride 2/17/24

Post by Bucho »

Matt and I were up there today. We cut a fair amount of trail and flagged it. Maybe just needs some clean-up and a chainsaw in one or two spots.
Id like to finish the section that was started today and maybe cut another section on other side of the driveway.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Motomofo
DAMN n00b

Post by Motomofo »

I'm in! But I think you know that. My saw was put through it's paces this past weekend and spits a bit of chain oil but I'll bring it and can also operate another if available and mine gives up. I have both a string trimmer head with hedge trimmer end and another head with basically a circular saw end for brush clearing. I'd say its good for all types of briar and smaller dia woody stuff.
WOODS.... :thumbup:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Motomofo wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:01 pm I'm in! But I think you know that. My saw was put through it's paces this past weekend and spits a bit of chain oil but I'll bring it and can also operate another if available and mine gives up. I have both a string trimmer head with hedge trimmer end and another head with basically a circular saw end for brush clearing. I'd say its good for all types of briar and smaller dia woody stuff.

Awesome, glad you’ll make it Chris. We’ll have quite a crew if everyone shows up. Sounds like Calvin will have a saw. I think Sonny has a brand new fancy chainsaw mount for his quad too. Ill put at least one of my saws in the van for someone to use as needed.

Unless people tell me not too. Ill fire up a charcoal grill and do up some simple burgers and brauts for a hot lunch. But it will be simple. Not the like the pro lunch Sonny put on for us a while back.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
kos1
DAMN Wanabe

Post by kos1 »

+1 more for the chainsaw army. i'll bring up some hand tools too.

Looks like a bit of snow scheduled. Any issues with people still coming up?
'06 DR 650
'81 GL500 (some assembly required)
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

The weather is definitely looking colder now than it was 2-3 weeks ago. Dress warmly!
A couple inches of snow shouldnt be too big of a deal. Unless its a total blizzard and the roads are impassable Ill still be there in the morning.

If its too cold for you, stay home and drink some hot coco and we’ll make fun of you later.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I'm fairly certain my Promaster won't go up your drive w/ snow (or even that last bit of road.) On the stock crappy tires I get stuck in dewy grass on slight inclines. They have zero siping. Truck doesn't have a bed on it at the moment.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

smdub wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:47 pm I'm fairly certain my Promaster won't go up your drive w/ snow (or even that last bit of road.) On the stock crappy tires I get stuck in dewy grass on slight inclines. They have zero siping. Truck doesn't have a bed on it at the moment.
I have a steep gravel driveway. I figure if I can get onto the road Ill be okay.

And Im hoping for minimal snow…
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Its now looking like more snow.

Im not officially cancelling yet. I dont get up early but Ill try to post here in the morning before 0800 on snow cancellation or not
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Thug420
DAMN n00b

Post by Thug420 »

I will see you all tomorrow! I will have a cooler with some waters. That’s if we don’t get a lot of snow.
CRF250F 2023 :thumbup:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

There is snow at my house but its not too bad. Im leaving now to head.

Chances are it will be worse at Emmitsburg. Im going to park at the lower spot. Come in through HornetsNest Rd and FriendsCreek Rd on the MD side.
Feel free to park on either side if you come.

There WILL be snow up there. Make what choice you think is best.

We’ll probably do this again soonish too
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200