I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Eldersburg dirt bike

This forum is for all OHV/ORV/Land Use messages and discussions
Thug420
DAMN n00b

Eldersburg dirt bike

Post by Thug420 »

Where can I ride my dirt bike near Eldersburg? The closest place is 3-4 hours. Are there any hidden trails I could get away with? I see people riding in parking lots in eldersburg when it’s 10pm, but I don’t want to do that.
CRF250F 2023 :thumbup:
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Eldersburg dirt bike

Post by Laoch »

Short answer- nowhere.

Long answer- a few private clubs may be closer? Public areas are a fair distance. Move or buy an adventure bike/large dual sport 😎

Maybe post up an intro. User name is not inspiring. We don't condone or facilitate illegal riding.
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I'll second what Laoch said and add that with a street legal dual sport bike Michaux is close to you and there's miles and miles of forest roads through there.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

First off what bike do you have and general riding experience? You looking for rocky single track or groomed MX stuff?
If you have an exhaust gutted 4 stroke do not expect any invites other than a track.
Good single track is well kept info and waters must be tested before you will get any invite. So much good single track has been lost to bikes that call attention by being loud and riders not having respect for what they have been offered with a invite.
If you want rocks look up Moto Cove just north of Winchester Va. A pay to ride area....you best like to ride rocks.
AOAA is up in coal area of PA, pay to ride....lots of quad wide stuff so far easier.
FRO is a $275 per year permit with endless riding but will assume 3-4 hour drive for you.
You tell us more about yourself and you might get more info tossed at you.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Thug420
DAMN n00b

Post by Thug420 »

Thanks for the reply’s! I have a crf250f. I only have 2 acres of land so it’s not the most fun. I’m just looking for a place to ride that is for beginners. I’ve been riding for 2 months now.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Welcome aboard.

Unfortunately there is nowhere to ride dirt anywhere near central MD. Mountain Ridge in PA is VERY accommodating for beginners. I've never been out to Saint Johns Rock / Greenridge(?) out in western MD but they don't look too tough. Peters Mill Run in VA isn't too difficult as an out and back - the Taskers side is very rocky and not very beginner friendly. Tomahawk MX in WV has a little enduro/single track around the edge of property.

FRO is probably the closest playground to you but its $225/yr to access.
https://readingoutdoors.com/

WATR hasn't scheduled their fall trial ride yet. Their property is in VA south of DC. Their spring and fall trail rides are the only time its open to the public.

Don't complain about your 2 acres. I have 1/10 of that. :(
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

St John's Rock is no beginner friendly unless they love rocks! :whoop:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Thug420
DAMN n00b

Post by Thug420 »

I’ll try out taskers trails. My dad doesn’t want me riding on his grass for too much longer, that’s why I need a new place and because it’s a small yard. Thank you everyone.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

If you park in the Edinburg gap lot you have access to both trails. Cross the road and take the Peter's Mill trail 433 all the way to the end and back. IIRC, its about 10mi each way. If that works out well and you're up for more, take some of the ATV routes on the Taskers side. FWIW, you have to get a trail pass to ride there. $5 for a day.

Info:
https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gwj/rec ... ecid=73965

Map:
https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DO ... 443838.pdf

If you plan on going, let us know. There might be some others that can join you.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I haven't been down there in a few years but Peters Mill was the first place I ever took a loaded ADV bike to see how it would handle. We were prepping for the TAT and I'd never taken a loaded bike off the pavement before so I loaded up my KLR with everything I planned on taking; rode from Annapolis down to Peters Mill; rode that from end to end and back on what turned out to be a wet and drizzly day; and rode it back home. Most on here know this place pretty well but if it's new to you it's basically a forest road/two track that has some hills to get up and down and some rocks but not really anything challenging. There's parking where smdub mentions and there's camping spots at the other end of Peters Mill.

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain