I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Senioritis

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Senioritis

Post by Twist »

This photo brings me right back to what it was like to be a soon graduated high school senior with a motorcycle. Mine was a Honda XL125.

She’s got senioritis pretty bad right now and I wouldn’t be surprised if one morning her motorcycle forgets which way to take her to school. This is Gracie in the student parking lot at school:

The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Senioritis

Post by Bucho »

Pretty cool. Her own moto to ride to school.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

That is a really cool photo!
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Twist wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:25 pm This photo brings me right back to what it was like to be a soon graduated high school senior with a motorcycle. Mine was a Honda XL125.
1973 XL175 for me-rode it daily in the 11th and 12th grade.
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Firebolter wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:55 am
Twist wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:25 pm This photo brings me right back to what it was like to be a soon graduated high school senior with a motorcycle. Mine was a Honda XL125.
1973 XL175 for me-rode it daily in the 11th and 12th grade.
I did some enduros on my 125 back around 1975 and I rode the living snot out of on the streets. It would pull way past the red line and I rode it like that often. Rebuilt the top end on it more than once too :) Reflecting back on that time learning to ride it was probably a good thing that I was only on a 125.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

I did some enduros on my 125 back around 1975 and I rode the living snot out of on the streets. It would pull way past the red line and I rode it like that often. Rebuilt the top end on it more than once too :) Reflecting back on that time learning to ride it was probably a good thing that I was only on a 125.
I remember after an hour or so of hard riding in the woods, she woulds get hot and start to loose some power as the valves would "float" some. Rode the snot out of that thing, but my buddy had the Zuker TS185 and that 2 stroke was a beast! He could wheelie that thing for ever- Thanks for the memory jog Wes!
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Firebolter wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:52 am

I remember after an hour or so of hard riding in the woods, she woulds get hot and start to loose some power as the valves would "float" some. Rode the snot out of that thing, but my buddy had the Zuker TS185 and that 2 stroke was a beast! He could wheelie that thing for ever- Thanks for the memory jog Wes!
That TS185 sounded like it was a good bike. Relatively small/lightweight with decent power.

I need a vintage bike like a hole in the head but 70’s Suzuki 2Ts seem really cool. Especially the TS185
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Jtrobb
DAMN Expert

Post by Jtrobb »

I had a beater TS185 when I was a kid. Bought it for $50 since it was sitting in a garage for several years. Cleaned the carb rode the crap out of it for 2 years then traded it for a shotgun.

Jason