I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2023 DAMN Reunion May 5-7 at Barton.

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: 2023 DAMN Reunion ??

Post by Rut Row »

Boom Boom wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:11 pm All my "must attend" events are already on the schedule so lets hope Bruce coordinates an open weekend for me.
:killingme: :cheers:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Im one of those guys who hasnt been the last few years. But its more of an issue w/ working weekends for me. I cant always justify 20 hrs of leave…

I wouldnt mind doing something different. Camping at Greenridge. Can we camp in Michaux?
Grandville’s place would work if he wanted to host.

If we had the skanty numbers of the last year or two, I could almost host at Emmitsburg. Offroading on site and ADV rides over to Michaux…
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Over 9000 views and only five guys replying. I'm ready to deem the "Official DAMN Reunion" a thing of the past. :deal:

Just ride :roost: :whoop: :whoop: :roost: :roost: :whoop:
Bruce
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Laoch wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:35 am Over 9000 views and only five guys replying. I'm ready to deem the "Official DAMN Reunion" a thing of the past. :deal:

Thanks for stepping up again Bruce! I vote we camp at your secret location and ride Michaux!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Wingfixer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:23 pm
Laoch wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:35 am Over 9000 views and only five guys replying. I'm ready to deem the "Official DAMN Reunion" a thing of the past. :deal:

Thanks for stepping up again Bruce! I vote we camp at your secret location and ride Michaux!

OK.... and maybe a trip to Phil's spot for a bit of fun?
Bruce
BigBird
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by BigBird »

I like Mountain Ridge because all the trails (particularly the single tracks) are flowing and easy!
Sam Jones - Frederick MD
GL1800 DCT TRIO Tilting Trike - KTM 525 EXC - KTM 200 XCW - 2 KTM Freeride 250Rs - TRS 300 Xtrack Trials
Lots of E-Bikes/MCs
Polaris RZR 800
Lots of MTBs and Road Bikes and a BamBuk Recumbant Tandem Trike eBike
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

BigBird wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:43 pm I like Mountain Ridge because all the trails (particularly the single tracks) are flowing and easy!
That's my daughter's favorite. She loves going there.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

over 11K views now - what is so interesting about this? :shrug:

The forum has definitely changed over the years as the members have changed from single riders, to parents, to worn out former riders. I suppose that is a natural progression for a narrowly focused forum. It's time for the kids to come forward and take over.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

over 11K views now - what is so interesting about this?
That's what always amazes me is the read count on some threads. It "seems" alot of folks follow our ride threads, they like that people set up rides, do all the leg work, create routes etc. and then they can benefit from that. Kinda nice to go ride something that is all planned and the pitfalls are identified etc. I would bet, a bunch of these thread "followers" are folks wanting to get into riding and don't have a buddy that rides etc., so they look for opportunities from the board.

For me now, riding is about best use of my spare time. Trips with the boyz for a week or so, are my favorite and I just don't get excited about day rides anymore except for DS rides like to Michaux or going out to Phil's etc. More effort to go ride now than the ride it self! But going to awesome places, camping and riding with a group of derelicts, well that is just priceless! Riding now is more of an event, I mean you have to drive anywhere from 3-6 (roundtrip I mean) hours to ride a decent place. We post video's and take all of the guess work out of planning a similar trip. I get emails/pm's and stuff all the time after we do a major ride, asking for GPS files etc. I won't reply. If I don't know you, forget about it!
Lots of cool bikes---
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Laoch wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:48 pm
Wingfixer wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:23 pm

OK.... and maybe a trip to Phil's spot for a bit of fun?
Sounds like a plan to me!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.