I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Proud Dad

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Proud Dad

Post by Twist »

I took the class with her mainly to share the experience but hey, I can always use more parking lot practice too. The class was a pretty interesting group of characters that after the first day on the course were pretty humbled by the young lady riding the course. Gracie was pretty tickled at how easy the skills were and, if we're being honest, how much trouble some of the cocky guys were having. There were 3 pretty energetic dumps that hurt nothing but some egos and the nastiest of them was a sales guy from the dealership who tried to whiskey throttle his Harley Street 500 up a rock wall.

In the classroom we all had to construct an hypothetical accident scenario; draw it out; and explain it to the class. Grace and I did one on an intoxicated rider that after a number of other factors came to a bad end. The instructor asked "What was the first thing this rider did wrong?" Gracie replied, "He bought a Harley because they seem to be attracted to bars." Everyone thought that was pretty funny except for the Harley sales guy in the class.

After a trip to the Maryland MVA this week we'll be looking for an opportunity to get up in to Michaux and maybe back out to the Green Ridge SF to ride.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Proud Dad

Post by smdub »

LOL on the drunk Harley response. Congrats to her!
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Thats awesome!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

congratulations Wes
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Very cool. Congratulations
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Congratulations! And that quip was awesome.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

My daughter and I went over to the MVA today to get her endorsement on her license. On the way home I called my Allstate agent to officially add her to the policy and I'd told my daughter that she'd have to pay the difference for adding her. I put my agent on speaker phone and asked him to give her the bad news. "Gracie, your Dad owes you $12.50 a year because adding you resulted in a drop in the premium by that amount." There might have been a daughter fist pump. This just keeps getting better and better for her.

My agent informed me that because we'd both recently completed the MSF course for Maryland we were due the discount. We have 3 bikes on the policy now - my '16 1200GS, my WR250R, and her XT250. $242/yr for all-in coverage for the three bikes.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain