I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shenandoah 500

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Shenandoah 500

Post by Firebolter »

aai wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:20 am He’s traveling behind it, debating buttoning up his house in Cape Coral this Tuesday. Primary residence is in Coral Springs but east coast is fine.
My buddies in Tampa are leaving tonite at midnight. It is already a zoo in the TB area since the declaration earlier today. Since they ordered the evac for TB, traffic north and out of the state starting tomorrow will be a HUGE BUMMER. I75 will turn into a parking lot with all of the south Florida folks heading out. Hope he gets his property taken care of and can get out easily. Once he hits Ga, should be normal drive up.
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

he would head back east to Coral Springs after buttoning up Cape Coral Tuesday. Typically this late of the year its coming from South and heads up the west side, unlike the summer hurricane season its coming from Africa. They didn't get jack this year, till now. 30 years down there he's been pretty lucky knock on wood. He's heading to Maryland early Saturday unless something went bad at Cape Coral.

I normally go down there in February for a week, break from cold and camp and ride out at Croom the last few years. Last year we met half way at Durhamtown for the week. This time he's heading up
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Sonny and I were just texting. If the weather stays the same, we’re out. Really bummed.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

yeah rain can be a bummer but the ride goes on! Understand if you guys bail-I packed all my rain gear last night and it is gonna be a little chilly too! Think I'll bring the propane firepit to sit under the awning and watch the rain in the evenings or we'll just hang out in the RV!
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Now we just gotta hope that the Gov doesn't shutdown Friday, if that were to happen, that could impact the event too! Dang, rain and Gov incompetent BS!
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

What happens if the gov shuts down? State park land is closed?
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

No, it can effect some of the federal land we traverse but I was told we didn't even go after permits this year, so Fed shutdown shouldn't effect us. A few years back it DID cause us to cancel as the feds shut down the access. Weather and the fact that Va. just declared emergency, that might impact it. We should know soon if it will canx.
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Yeah, VA declared emargency.
The WATR member email list sounds like refunds will be sent out tonight automatically through eventbrite. FWIW, WATR is the group that hosts the event for those that don't know.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
heydek
DAMN n00b

Post by heydek »

So the event was cancelled and I got my refund, but I also still have the GPX files they sent (I mean I can't really send them back :think: ). Now I'm thinking of riding there this weekend. Anybody knows if the whole thing is on public roads or they open up certain parts of the route specifically for the S500 event? Can you ride the same roads any day of the year?
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

Some of the forest service roads are closed after this event. You should be able to do a good chunk of the route still, but there should be some closed gates now.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R