I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Wolf Den Run SP

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Granville
DAMN Poohba

Re: Wolf Den Run SP

Post by Granville »

Bucho wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:59 pm Thanks!

If I followed your story correctly. You can ride your offroad only dirtbike on the road in certain places to connect trails at Wolf Den?
Joker's law goes far beyond just WDSP ...
"So today HB1143 will be signed into law (signed without opposition!), allowing Off-Highway Motorcycles, ATV's, SxS etc, the ability to ride on county roads in Allegany and Garrett Counties up to 5 miles, building upon previous legislation. This will lets riders go between trail heads on different properties, and ride into town to spend their money. Paving the way for other projects that others call a "pipe dream," but are much closer to reality than ever thought possible."
525EXC Jim's
250CRF James's
200XCW Jack's
225TTR Lauren's
400Big Bear Tanya's
The family that rides together always has someone to tell them why they crashed.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Granville wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:17 am

If I followed your story correctly. You can ride your offroad only dirtbike on the road in certain places to connect trails at Wolf Den?
Joker's law goes far beyond just WDSP ...
"So today HB1143 will be signed into law (signed without opposition!), allowing Off-Highway Motorcycles, ATV's, SxS etc, the ability to ride on county roads in Allegany and Garrett Counties up to 5 miles, building upon previous legislation. This will lets riders go between trail heads on different properties, and ride into town to spend their money. Paving the way for other projects that others call a "pipe dream," but are much closer to reality than ever thought possible."

Thank for the reminder!
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Joker
DAMN Expert

Post by Joker »

Twist wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:51 am

Correct. As a practical matter, riding in to the very small town of Kitzmiller is the benefit of that law - and connecting between the 3 different parcels of the park on N. Hill Rd. I could be mistaken but I think the law is that you can legally ride on public roads within 5 miles of WDR.

There's a restaurant in Kitzmiller but we were so nasty muddy from riding it wasn't an option for us.
Glad you had fun!

2 things. Coal bucket doesn't mind muddy, and has outdoor seating. Tell Barb Hi!

The other is that - the on road law is currently 2 miles and does not include bikes. The new law, passed by state but not yet adopted by the counties, adds bikes and up to 5 miles.

That being said, if you are being respectful, you won't have any trouble.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Thanks Joker!
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

and take the time to go join MDOHVA who's tireless efforts made Wolf Den possible. A miserly $15 well spent.

http://www.mdohvalliance.org/join/
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Rut Row wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:19 pm and take the time to go join MDOHVA who's tireless efforts made Wolf Den possible. A miserly $15 well spent.

Just renewed with a added donation. Thanks for the reminder.

Wes
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Twist wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:27 am
Rut Row wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:19 pm and take the time to go join MDOHVA who's tireless efforts made Wolf Den possible. A miserly $15 well spent.

Just renewed with a added donation. Thanks for the reminder.

Wes
thanks! we appreciate the generosity too!
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Twist wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:28 pm We "won" a house in Deep Creek Lake last fall at a charity auction and we're going to be there 6/28 - 30 with our bikes. We've got the ORV stickers for Gracie's bike and our reservation made for 3 days of riding out there and I'm looking for any intel on the trail system for what might be the most fun for us to ride. Has anyone here been out there yet and have any report on the trails and conditions?
Wes, my brother and I is thinking of riding at this place for a couple of days when he arrives from FL first week of Oct. I found the questionnaire online and filled in the info. It prompted us that someone will contact me to approve the stay for a few days. As for ORV stickers, its only for non tagged bikes correct? We are planning to camp up there, is there a place or someone we call ahead and register to on the premise? I did join the MDOHVA and have received my welcome letter. Appreciate any info thanks
edit:
I found the main website and was able to secure a site at the campground :cheers:
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

aai wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:13 pm
Twist wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:28 pm We "won" a house in Deep Creek Lake last fall at a charity auction and we're going to be there 6/28 - 30 with our bikes. We've got the ORV stickers for Gracie's bike and our reservation made for 3 days of riding out there and I'm looking for any intel on the trail system for what might be the most fun for us to ride. Has anyone here been out there yet and have any report on the trails and conditions?
Wes, my brother and I is thinking of riding at this place for a couple of days when he arrives from FL first week of Oct. I found the questionnaire online and filled in the info. It prompted us that someone will contact me to approve the stay for a few days. As for ORV stickers, its only for non tagged bikes correct? We are planning to camp up there, is there a place or someone we call ahead and register to on the premise? I did join the MDOHVA and have received my welcome letter. Appreciate any info thanks
edit:
I found the main website and was able to secure a site at the campground :cheers:
Correct Sonny, the ORV registration is for off-road only vehicles. You've paid your dues if you have a tag on it :)

I think you could ride there for a couple of days and not explore it all. Check out the picnic area down by the Potomac for a nice place to relax a bit. The ranger's office is before you get to the left turn to go down to the riding areas. It's easy to miss on the left if you're going south so if you get to left turn you've gone too far.

Hope you guys have a great time!
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Keep us posted. A few of us here worked hard to get the park established. We'd love to hear your thoughts.
Ken