I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

2022 Auto Show in DC

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: 2022 Auto Show in DC

Post by Firebolter »

frogman1981 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:25 am I can make my own vaxx card, got the instructions off of the interwebs!
BE VERY CAREFUL DOING THAT (assuming if you are not kidding)

I have a friend who worked for a Major Defense Contractor in Florida, his office neighbor did that and his employer questioned it, next thing ya know, the very next day the FBI showed up and he was fired on the spot. I am not kidding either, the FBI field office sent agents to his job in Tampa and they arrested him and he was fired.
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Firebolter wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:40 am
frogman1981 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:25 am I can make my own vaxx card, got the instructions off of the interwebs!

I have a friend who worked for a Major Defense Contractor in Florida, his office neighbor did that and his employer questioned it, next thing ya know, the very next day the FBI showed up and he was fired on the spot. I am not kidding either, the FBI field office sent agents to his job in Tampa and they arrested him and he was fired.
Cue the jack booted thugs.
Star of David on your coat shit all over again.
Bruce
frogman1981
DAMN Expert

Post by frogman1981 »

The FBI works for Pfizer, ANTifa, BLM, and Isreal. They found their domestic White Supreeeemist Terrorist (some guy trying to keep a job)...
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I've got time and feel like being a real blow-hard so here goes:

I think part of the reason why there's a divide on the vaccine is that people, in general, suck at understanding big numbers. For example, roughly a couple hundred people a year in the US have a bad reaction to the flu vaccine or some other vaccine. So when you're told that over 17,000 people have had bad reactions to the COVID vaccines some people are like "ef that!" In any other time numbers like that would cause a vaccine to never make it to market - but we're not in any other times. Even with those terrible results from the vaccine you're still two to three orders of magnitude less likely for the vaccine to hurt you than COVID. That's across all age groups. If you're at risk from some condition or older, the risk becomes much higher for the virus vs vaccine.

I've talked at length with my Doc who is very involved in immunology and the punch line I take away is that if you play Russian roulette with the vaccine and pull the trigger on an empty chamber (that's a gun with one bullet for hundreds of thousands of empty cylinders) then you are better off having gotten the vaccine - like way better off if you're up in the at-risk group. If you get the vaccine and get myocarditis then you are insanely unlucky and pulled the trigger on that one round.

All of that is just critically thinking about the numbers and efficacy of the vaccine vs what happens to me with the virus. Now in to opinion land - my feeling is that no one should be required to put something like a vaccine in their body. However, if they decline, then there are consequences. For example, school age kids have to get all kinds of vaccines or they couldn't attend school in pre-covid times. How's that any different than saying to car show fans, no vaccine, no entry?

Now, some will say that there's a BS factor on requiring vaccine papers because fully vaccinated people can still get and spread covid. Not as likely but not zero either - and there's those big numbers again that people can't wrap their head around. I'd always rather pull the trigger on a gun with one round per million cylinders than say one round per 1,000 cylinders. So I can live with vaccines, boosters, and masks to add as many empty chambers as possible on the Covid roulette game. But I can say that because I'm one of the jillion people that tolerated the vaccine well.

Sorry if you read that. It made me feel better to write it :)
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Firebolter wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:40 am

Making false documents sounds like something you should be fired for.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

I haven't missed the DC car show only but maybe a handful of times the last 20 years. I do have a vaccination card to flash if asked. My wife is a geriatric nurse and gets tested twice a week. Thankful or grateful that I can use her as a gauge to see if Im in decent health and not being positive, but want to get some home test kits for myself. Prices of those almost doubled though last few weeks. I do admit the hysteria of not just about covid but all the gouging going on. Im running a torpedo style heater on a stucco project, and went to Home Depot to get some kerosene just top off for the day. Salesman rang up the cases or so of kerosene, and came up to well over $100. Hold up! you need to check your tags and had to argue a little bit about it. Im looking at a total of 10 gallons here. Sure enough Home Depot is charging fcukin $13 for a gallon of kerosene! Don't I look like a fool. The last time I checked the ceo of HD is a leaning republican. All this stuff going on is just left way unchecked! I swear some of this crisis stuff is fabricated. Think about it, US MILITARY MIGHT and its tanks and planes can deploy anywhere in this world in a matter of days, or weeks. You're telling me we don't have the means or can't unload a row friggin cargo ships of supplies off the coastline in a timely manner?! Make the call! I know the previous admin. would've. Deploy! unload them suckers. Ok that's my 2 cents, see you guys at the car show...
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Bucho wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:31 pm Making false documents sounds like something you should be fired for.
Agree, but I don't think people realize they are forging a Federal document when they do that. Brings in a whole new slant to the severity of infraction. Fed Gov is all jacked up on making examples out of people in the recent times-

And the above is alot more important issue, especially when calling parents terrorists, daring any REAL CITIZEN to question their orders, flying illegals around the country in the middle of the night and dropping them off without so much as a courtesy call to the state, leaving the border wide open so REAL terrorist, drug dealers and murders can get in and head to NY and Cali for free cars, food and jewelry that's there for the taking with no real consequence.

Yep, Federal Gov has it's shit together real good right now and going after the un-vaxxed and making day to day life miserable for the population in general is WAY DAMN more important than the above little issues.

Maybe we can rent one of Marylyn Mosby's vacation houses in Florida! She won't need them for a while and you don't need to be vaxxed there! :killingme:
Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

To anyone that's interested, the state of Maryland is giving out free test kits every weekday from 8am - 2pm at the corner of Calvert and Bladen in Annapolis. There is usually a long line of people to get tested but if all you want is a test kit just walk to the front of the line and they'll hand you one. Initially they were giving two kits out but are now being rationed to just one per person. There are two tests in each kit.

You can sometimes get free test kits at all Anne Arundel County libraries and some fire and police stations but that's more hit or miss. This is a state program so I'm guessing you can find this in most cities but If any of you guys decide to come to Annapolis to get a kit, let's meet up for lunch on me. I'm pretty much around now for the next few weeks.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

It's not about vaccines or the efficacy of vaccines. This C19 nonsense is the means to an end. A virus with well over a 99% survivability rate.

It's about repeating history and letting government marginalize a group of people. Did you ever wonder how the Jews just lined up to board the trains? Look at Europe today and Australia.

DC -
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, the District of Columbia is launching a city wide vaccination entry requirement (VaxDC), which calls for establishments to verify that patrons are vaccinated against COVID-19.

On January 15, 2022, per Mayor’s Order 2021-148, the District of Columbia will adopt a city wide vaccination entry requirement that requires COVID-19 vaccination to enter indoor facilities within the city.
That is facism. That is government overreach and unconstitutional.

If you are ok with such things then you are part of the problem.

FYI- I wasn't born here. I actually had to take a test and an oath to become a citizen. I also spent over 20 years protecting and defending this country. So, this nonsense kind of bother me.

Also- all this testing is a dog whistle. What exactly does testing prove for the average Joe?
Bruce
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

Laoch wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:52 am
DC -
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, the District of Columbia is launching a city wide vaccination entry requirement (VaxDC), which calls for establishments to verify that patrons are vaccinated against COVID-19.

On January 15, 2022, per Mayor’s Order 2021-148, the District of Columbia will adopt a city wide vaccination entry requirement that requires COVID-19 vaccination to enter indoor facilities within the city.
That is facism. That is government overreach and unconstitutional.
Particularly since that person that just showed their tax card could be contagious with COVID.