I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

January Emmitsburg Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

January Emmitsburg Ride

Post by Bucho »

I had wanted to do one more semi-organized ride on a Saturday before my work schedule has me working weekend again.

Obviously things are weather dependent this time of year. Lets plan on this coming Saturday, Jan 8th.
(The following week, 15th can be a fallback plan)

Similar ride like I hosted back in December. I can have the same "novice" loop ribboned out, so riders can ride at their own pace. And I will lead rides on the slightly more advanced stuff.

If you guys like, we can plan to have some sort of lunch break w/ some hot food. Maybe we can get Sonny to play chef again. Or I can bring a charcoal grill down and do something easy.

As usual, please let me know if you are coming.

Any questions, just ask
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: January Emmitsburg Ride

Post by Bucho »

At the moment this ride is still scheduled for this Saturday the 8th.

One weather app is saying 1.9-2"s of snow on Thursday (which probably wont melt by Sat). 2 other weather apps show nothing or only a 15% of precipitation. Soooo, we will just see how it goes for the moment.

Either way, it does look to be cold on Saturday. We have access to the gray house. If we do a lunch break, we can sit up there out of the cold.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

By tomorrow morning, should have a better feel for the snow as it starts Thursday night and goes into Fri morning, foretasted so far anyway. . right now it could be just rain which will be a mess after the 10 inches on the ground!

Thu 06 | LOW 28°
88% chance of precipitation
Winds NNE 11 mph

Periods of snow. Some mixed winter precipitation possible. Low 28F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

That low of 28 means Friday morning will be a slippery mess out there. Be careful fellas-
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Firebolter wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:57 pm By tomorrow morning, should have a better feel for the snow as it starts Thursday night and goes into Fri morning, foretasted so far anyway. . right now it could be just rain which will be a mess after the 10 inches on the ground!

Thu 06 | LOW 28°
88% chance of precipitation
Winds NNE 11 mph

Periods of snow. Some mixed winter precipitation possible. Low 28F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

That low of 28 means Friday morning will be a slippery mess out there. Be careful fellas-
It's nice to be mostly retired, especially in the winter. I do have to get up and go in for my part time job from time to time.
Now I just keep tabs on the weather for the Mrs. She works 3p-11p so it's a bit of a different dynamic.
We are supposed to do some scouting this weekend up in Tuscarora SF, we'll what happens.
Bruce
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

A little snow is good for trials bikes. It’s the road coming in and the driveway that I’d be concerned about. Dvtr canceled this weekend. I’d be free if you green light this Saturday
Bruce
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

This ride is cancelled for tomorrow.

Sorry
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Totally understand Phil. Appreciate the offer as always. Think I will field day my house tomorrow!
Lots of cool bikes---
Purple Haze
DAMN n00b

Post by Purple Haze »

Thanks Phil.
13 Husaberg TE 300
2020 TRS rr 250
RickyBobby
DAMN n00b

Post by RickyBobby »

Sounds good Phil. Your riding area is a bit challenging when things are wet. Snow covered and freezing temps would be pretty tough (but fun).

RB
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Thanks for the offer, Phil! I was hoping that this was still on since my other plans were canceled, but totally makes sense that you would cancel, too. Hopefully, I can make it next time!

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200