I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dirty Santa toy ride Dec 5th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
aai
DAMN Poohba

Re: Dirty Santa toy ride Dec 5th

Post by aai »

Kevin, originally I was going to bring the DS but seems everybody is going in the trails. So Ill bring the Beta instead, she gives me the needed confidence. Regardless Im in for anything :cheers: well...at least with the beta :lol2: You know what Stephens truck looks like. Ill be in a white jeep truck, look out for us. Will have drinks etc.
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
KRKid
DAMN n00b

Post by KRKid »

More than likely be an a.m. arrival for me. Would love to make it tomorrow evening, but don’t think that will happen. You guys early risers? I’ll need to figure out how early to leave the house. Looks like it’ll be pretty chilly in the morning.

I’ll have my truck and enclosed trailer, you’ve got the Jeep and Stephen has a big sprinter correct?

If you guys pull into the darkwater lot there’s a smaller gravel lot closer to the main road, if you keep going on the gravel there is a much larger grass field/lot about 1/8-1/4 mile back. Hope they at least bring in some more porta pots because there usually isn’t much if anything at some of these parking lots.
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Heard that! JoJo is driving up from a distance so its a Saturday arrival for him to show up and ride, don't have to twist my arm to go camping. Clueless :think: on what's going on but we will be just looking for a flat spot, or wait for the welcome party that's camping point us to the right direction. Here's the coordinate the Club mailed out. The red ballon, I marked it up assuming that's lot 1 you run in to? The gravel road and open field you're talking about is Lot 2? The triangle area where the arrow starts looks like a nice spot that's visible if you're heading up late Stephen? I will be lit up in amber regardless and you have my cell. Heading out to the stucco job this morning for a few hours, and hauling ass home to pack!
Attachments
13CE7D9F-17E3-485F-AD68-5C35C27D999D_4_5005_c.jpeg
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Easy to find and lots of space to camp. Drive between the big tires and go straight, look for big white tent.
The dual sport route is sporty. Plenty of mud and some deepish water holes.
I didn't get out on the ST today.
Bruce
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I'll be in the big silver Promaster van. I was trying to make it up there late tonight but might not make it until early tomorrow. I packed the 150XCW. It had no front brakes when I pulled it out of storage. I forgot about that. The pads are getting low but should survive one more day. A good bleed got the air out of them and are working again.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
KRKid
DAMN n00b

Post by KRKid »

Sounds good guys. Sonny, hope you guys are set up and having a beverage. Stay warm!! Look forward to riding with you guys tomorrow.

Stephen, you don’t need those front brakes anyway, lol. I’m going to try to pull out early and be there between 8-9, grey Ford F-250 with a silver enclosed trailer. Just got done crawling under my truck changing another oil filter after a oil change. 20 minute ride home from the shop, 2 qts. of oil covered the bottom of the truck from a bad k&n oil filter I guess. It was tight but leaked like crazy.
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Thanks Kevin, Honda generator on tow for heat. Had dinner at Crimsons, Thanks for the tip boom boom. See you guys tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Have fun guys, I expect some pictures posted here after the ride.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

I had a great time! I forgot to take many pics :( Never even occurred to me at the big hillclimb. Kevin and I ran the enduro loop. Weather was pretty decent once you were underway. The only disappointment was having to wait in line 30+min(?) for lunch. I should have packed something but wanted hearty warm food. Good seeing you Sonny and Bruce!

FRO is fantastic. Definitely getting a pass next year.
Attachments
PXL_20211205_170246954_r800.jpg
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
KRKid
DAMN n00b

Post by KRKid »

Yeah, great day of riding. Don’t think I’ve ever done that much single track in one day before, kind of hard at my snail pace. Chased Stephen a good part of the day, thanks for waiting up for me! Hopefully I don’t need to do much with the old arms for the next few days, they’re smoked!

I’m so terrible about taking pictures. We did sit at that climb watching for a while too. Pretty good carnage show for a bit. We did both make it up so props on that, I came real close to an pretty good loop out 3/4 of the way up.

Good to see you Sonny, hope you got in some good riding. Bruce, sorry I didn’t actually introduce myself. We may have met once at Phils spot in Emmitsburg, not sure if you were there the 1 time I made it?