I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Dirty Santa toy ride Dec 5th

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Dirty Santa toy ride Dec 5th

Post by smdub »

Ok, I'm signed up. Any other DAMN folks riding the single track? Bruce? I'm not sure my friends are interested and I don't ride alone.
We've been talking about getting FRO passes for next year and this sounds like a great way to see some of it first.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Mike, can we camp the day before on the premises? Or is there a KOA nearby. Would rather do the drive up Saturday afternoon :cheers: I was told the pulled pork was good
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

aai wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:32 pm Mike, can we camp the day before on the premises? Or is there a KOA nearby. Would rather do the drive up Saturday afternoon :cheers: I was told the pulled pork was good
DelVal would need to answer that but going to assume not. Wording I read on the waiver lists a time period the event is for and night prior is not included in that time frame
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Hotels out along 81. Not sure on camping but a search should show local places.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

No camping. Grab a local hotel along the interstate and have a good trailer lock. And back up to a light pole.
Bruce
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

thanks Mike, Bruce. Looking at the map, looks like its close to Rausch. Have stayed at Twin Grove campground before. We are thinking of doing some wheeling with the jeeps Saturday and riding Sunday. Have a few guys invited, Stephen if half of them show up, you will have a few guys to ride ST with. If anything Ill be the one riding solo on DS routes :lol2:
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer »

Laoch wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:19 pm No camping. Grab a local hotel along the interstate and have a good trailer lock. And back up to a light pole.
The hotel we stayed at when I rode this a couple years ago offered an RAC riders discount. I want to say it was a Hilton Garden? It's near the parking lot after the ride starts.
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

smdub wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:39 pm I'm thinking about it. I guess its only $35. Might as well sign up. If its raining or 15-below-zero that day i could just bail, sit home, and drink something warm :killingme:
I like your thinking Stephen. I just signed up my daughter and I for the event hoping for a nice day to cap off our riding season. My wife is bailing on us that weekend for a girls getaway so it'll be great dad/daughter time at FRO - or if the weather is bad doing something else and we'll feel good about supporting the event.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Signed up. just missed the free shirt by a day.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

Cool, be good to see you Wes...need to pick your mind on Moto camping stuff :cheers: Mike! In case the boys bail that I invited and Im driving up, can I camp at your yard Saturday afternoon? I have a dirty Santa shirt for ya :lol2:
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F