I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Southern half - MABDR

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Southern half - MABDR

Post by smdub »

Running N->S might help w/ the weather. I suspect its sketchier / more variable the farther N you go. If you start there, you at least know you are heading in the 'warmer' direction. Whereas if you start at the southern end, you're depending on the weather forecast at the other end to be correct a week from now. Also fronts/rain typ seem to move N. So you'd be riding through it (N->S) vs stuck under it (S->N).

Could always load up a box truck w/ the bikes & two people plus also rent a car for the other riders.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
kos1
DAMN Wanabe

Post by kos1 »

Bucho wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:35 am Nice! I still have to do that southern part of the bdr.
Same here. Work cut my first attempt short so I only did the northern half starting from Pen Mar. I'm hoping to get the southern part in next year with a U-haul down to the start... can't imagine 6 hrs of highway on the DR.

I'd definitely be interested in the NEBDR too as long unless the group size is getting out of control.
'06 DR 650
'81 GL500 (some assembly required)
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

smdub wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:26 pm
Could always load up a box truck w/ the bikes & two people plus also rent a car for the other riders.
That's a good plan. You can still rotate drivers between car and truck as well and do it all in one day. Once you get past Conn, it becomes a much friendlier drive for sure. Leave DC area around 4 am to get past NYC/Conn.
Lots of cool bikes---
kos1
DAMN Wanabe

Post by kos1 »

S->N would probably be more exciting knowing you’re always heading towards better terrain and then the ride back could also act as a sweeper if needed. Of course chasing a rain cloud north wouldn't be ideal.
Last edited by kos1 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'06 DR 650
'81 GL500 (some assembly required)
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

its mentioned that the earliest someone should try to ride it in it's entirety is June 1st. Due to slippery and muddy conditions in Spring and early Summer. I don't know if they're saying that in general and accounting for the big bikes. Since we are all planning to be on DS bikes :lol2: Is this something you guys are trying to do at June 1st? or earlier :huh:
I agree with everybody on everything else, planning is key. Also I remember the first time Ive heard of black fly season is when Angie and I went camping at the Adirondacks, we were out of there just in time according to the locals.
https://ridebdr.com/nebdr/
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F