I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Tusk Impact rims

General BS :bull: and other irrelevant chit-chat :kumbaya:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Tusk Impact rims

Post by Firebolter »

I bought a set of Tusk Impact rims back when I got the 500. I put a set of D606's on them and mounted them up for the KAT back in 19. Time to finally change them out and when I removed the rear wheel, the spacers that come with the Tusk rims are pretty fragile. The inner edge of the spacers was gouged and eat up on the inner lip. Both sides looked the same. The bearing on the brake side feels really tight. I see Rocky Mountain sells bearing kits for a decent price and replacement spacers for the rear. The Impact rims use their bearing kit for rebuilds not OEM. Anyway, if you have a set of these rims, next time you take them off, look at the rear spacers good. Seems like when I torqued the rear tire down, it pushed the aluminum spacers into the bearing face/collar a little and that is how they got gouged. The Tusk spacers are not as robust as the stock ones are for sure.
Lots of cool bikes---
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Tusk Impact rims

Post by Laoch »

Interesting. I'm getting ready to swap wheels this week. I'll take a good look at my Tusk wheels. They have had a hard few months of use.
Bruce
juddspaintballs
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by juddspaintballs »

I've been running them for a few years now with no issues with the spacers. :shrug: The only issue I've ever had was not checking the spokes and them getting loose.
Jed Gregory
1090 Adventure R
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Got the new bearing kits and was surprised they are made in Taiwan and not mainland China.
Lots of cool bikes---