I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Mountain Ridge w/ kids (rained out)

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Mountain Ridge w/ kids (rained out)

Post by smdub »

We are trying to put another trip to Mountain Ridge together to take the kids before it gets too cold. Its not 100% decided yet but looks like Oct 16th is the best date so far w/ all our schedules (weather permitting.) Just giving folks a heads up if they are interested. All are welcome! We usually go out the Fri night to camp, ride Sat, camp again, and leave on Sun. The camping may be the best part :eats: :cheers:

I have a small fleet of beaters spare bikes to flog ride if folks need loaners! :thumbup: Billy's daughter is outgrowing her KLX110 and we think shes going to swap it for my XR100. I have two TTR125Ls too and can press some of the adult-sized KTMs into service too if needed.
Last edited by smdub on Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Mountain Ridge w/ kids - Oct 16

Post by Twist »

Thanks for the notice Stephen! I'm going to try to make this work for my daughter and I but we have a couple of things mom put on the calendar that we're going to have to secure a kitchen pass to make it.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Mountain Ridge w/ kids - Oct 30

Post by smdub »

We bailed on this for the Oct 16 weekend. It's heavily raining there today and the kid is still isn't completely healthy yet. Oct 30 is the rain date. I think that's the last weekend MR is open for the season.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Re: Mountain Ridge w/ kids - Oct 16

Post by Twist »

Yeah the weather was to sketchy for a trip way up there so we met some friends down at Wicomico. I really don't like this place much but it's closer and my daughter's friend was going to be riding there so we went. She's really looking comfortable on the KLX140 now. I took the Sur Ron to chase her around the tracks there and we were done by 1p and skedaddled home in time to unload before the rain.

I'm out riding the MABDR the week of the 25th and we've got family plans Halloween weekend so that's probably out for us. Mountain Ridge is saying on their web site that they close for the season on Nov 2nd. Hmm, that's a Tuesday so I wonder if they're open that Monday/Tuesday?
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Mountain Ridge w/ kids - Oct 30

Post by smdub »

Well, looks like its going to rain all day tomorrow up there :censored:
Had the weekend all planned w/ the wife and kid both going and another riding buddy was going to bring his wife so we could teach her on the SurRon.