I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Moab and Colorado Fun

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Moab and Colorado Fun

Post by Firebolter »

Just got back from a trip with a group of hooligans riding some sweet stuff. 2 days in Moab, 1 day in Montrose, 1 day in Crested Butte and 1 day in Poncha Springs/Salida to ride Rainbow. Great trip. Perfect weather the whole trip. Was chilly at night, but 70's to low 80's every day at all of the locations. I'll load a few video's from each day over the next couple of days.

Day 1 Sovereign Trail (and other trails in that area north of Moab) and Slick Rock Trail

Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Re: Moab and Colorado Fun

Post by smdub »

Looks cool Bill! Glad you had good weather!
Some of those vids where you are on the edge of a cliff I wouldn't enjoy.
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
John F
DAMN Expert

Post by John F »

Great videos. Thanks. Looks awesome, and yeah, a little scary at times.
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

smdub wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:06 am Looks cool Bill! Glad you had good weather!
Some of those vids where you are on the edge of a cliff I wouldn't enjoy.
Dude, then don't take a trip to Colorado! atleast half of what you'll ride is on the edge of a cliff/valley. You get used to it. Only time it bothers me is when I get tired and start to make little mistakes more. Some of the trails can have serious consequences for small mistakes! Makes you feel alive! :loveit:
Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Day 2 Moab. Rode Cane Creek over to 'Behind the Rocks' and then Pritchet's rock and associated trails. Really liked this day. Complex at times and diverse scenery. Lots of rocks and challenging ledges and rock faces. Deep sand washes at times. So much fun! You gotta drink alot of water. Zero humidity basically in Moab, you barely sweat or urinate. Pack a chapstick! I used mine every stop almost.

Lots of cool bikes---
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Day 3-Montrose. Still feeling pretty good physically. Been using the Butt Butter religiously so no Baboon Ass here! I think I converted Phil to a "Butt Butter" user now.

We left Moab and headed east across Utah into Colorado. Riding up into the mountains to the west of Montrose is really nice. Lots of Aspens and true single track through the woods. Not too many Cliffs or rim trails, more true ST though the woods. Was colder. We rode roughly around the 9-10 thousand foot regime. Good stuff. No others dirtbikers seen except us. Reminds me some of Crested Butte with the Aspens as the altitudes are similar, but CB goes much higher on the mountain tops. Now just 30-40 miles east of here, on the other side of Montrose is Peach Valley and that is 100% different and is high desert and open-dry and arid. We rode there before and decided to go to Crested Butte following Montrose "West".

Lots of cool bikes---
phoo
aka "That Guy"

Post by phoo »

Great videos! Thanks, Bill! Was an awesome trip.

~Patrick
2003 Triumph Sprint ST :: 2004 Suzuki SV650R
2016 Beta 300RR :: 2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
1975 Harley FXE1200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

phoo wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:59 pm Great videos! Thanks, Bill! Was an awesome trip.

~Patrick
I hit my upload limit for the day for videos. I'll post up CB and Rainbow video's tomorrow along with my pics.
Lots of cool bikes---
aai
DAMN Poohba

Post by aai »

killer videos! thanks for sharing
Beta Evo Sport 300 4T "running crisp again thanks to Jtrobb"
KTM 150 XCW tpi
KTM 890 ADV R
GASGAS EX 450F
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Since I can't upload any more video's today, I'll get some pics up-

Lunch on top of American Flag/Crested Butte. 12,600 feet

Group Shot on top of Pritchett Canyon-Hardest Jeep trail in Moab. And it ain't no slouch on a dirtbike either-

Base Camp in Moab. We camped about 10 min outside of town. We were right past "Wall Street" where the walls are shear and straight up for 1000+feet. Everyday we would go by, there were climbers.

Panorama of Crested Butte from on top of "Double Top" trail

Lunch in the shade of Pritchett's Canyon

Home away from home. I love my van! Did 85-90 both ways and made killer time and averaged 17.2 mpg for the whole trip. Drive up and lay down and take a nap! Don't even have to get out of the van and my camp is set up!
Lots of cool bikes---