I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Howdy DAMN dirty dudes

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
fittzwing

Howdy DAMN dirty dudes

Post by fittzwing »

I've got a DR650SEX that I've had since new. I bought it in Arizona and enjoyed taking it out into the desert. I have no experience riding off road in groups of people. I've used the bike more as an urban assault vehicle (up stairs and over curbs), but I'd like to get into more trail riding, distance rides and back to camping. I've played around with the bike A LOT, being a gear head who likes to restore cars/trucks, so it's a bit custom. (Bigger tank, Corbin seat, jetted, tighter suspension, engine guard, custom front fairing, extra lighting, lots of extra reflective stuff and a rear luggage rack and pannier guards. I also replaced the starter gearing that has caused problems with other DRs, and recommend that improvement). It's not pretty, but it's like me, it's a work in progress.

I'm hoping to start riding and camping more this season, :kumbaya: and I look forward to learning the local areas. :ride: I notice I just missed the last DAMN get-together by a day :frustrated: Give me a holler if riding near the Arundel Mills Mall or Fort Meade.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Re: Howdy DAMN dirty dudes

Post by Bucho »

Welcome. Nice to have another DR. You missed the big campout, but there will be plenty more day trips and rides to come.
If you are a little lite on the offroading experience, then Greenridge is a fairly easy place to start.

I generally don't ever go that far East, but there are a few others out your way.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
fittzwing

Post by fittzwing »

Greenridge starts the list. Thanks! :loveit: Not even one day of being a DAMN noob, and I've gotten good advice and a place to start playing. :thumbup: I'll add a shout out for when I'm headed out there to check it out. You dudes rule. :sheep:
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

We have a few Baltimore guys here too - link up with them when they announce themselves.

There is a Baltimore Dual Sport club as well. Rumor has it they aren't as much fun as we are tho :kumbaya:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
fittzwing

Post by fittzwing »

I'll check them out, but I don't see as much good terrain around us between the bridges and Western Md. We had an area to ride on Coca Cola drive north of the Arundel Mills Mall, but the police and owners shut that down. My neighbor is a Motard :screwy: with two dirt bikes, and he does all of his riding down in Va (his home state).

Thanks for the tip. :lurker:
AccidentalWheelie

Post by AccidentalWheelie »

Newb to site and DP riding as well.. im 26 yrs old with 08 xr650l bone stock like to get it dirty...im in Baltimore md would also like to meet for a ride but i cant make the one this weekend
Grady
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Grady »

Glad you found us AccidentalWheelie. Keep an eye out for our weekday evening rides. There are a few of us who meet up for local Baltimore/ Harford county rides. As you know, there's not much legal dirt around here, so many of the rides are just nice roads. But we do ocasionally hit up some trails. I'm in Essex, so if you ever want to meet up for a ride or drink, give me a shout.
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

Welcome - and it is DAMN time you found us! :loveit:

We are starting to get a large Bal'mer contingent here
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
401dan
DAMN Expert

Post by 401dan »

:loveit: welcome guy's there are alot of us in the area and we ride alot :frustrated: not legal but alot :nono: so if you are up to the ride we are meeting this saturday for eve ride just ware clothes that like dirt and water :gdog: i wont leave anyone behind unless the mud is deep enough to hide the body :harhar: :amazon: all in good fun.
2005 KLR250 2012 TIGER 800XC FULLY FARKLED : :whip:
TEACH MORE FRIENDS TO RIDE WE NEED VOTES FOR THE LAW'S THAT GOVERN US. TOO CHANGE!!!
CapoGreg

Post by CapoGreg »

AccidentalWheelie wrote:Newb to site and DP riding as well.. im 26 yrs old with 08 xr650l bone stock like to get it dirty...im in Baltimore md would also like to meet for a ride but i cant make the one this weekend
Were you up around Riverside, MD earlier this week or late last week? I had a younger guy on a shiny XRL pull up next to me at the intersection of Rt 7 and Rt 543, then head south on 95, but I can't remember which day.