I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Shenandoah 500. Oct 2-3

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: Shenandoah 500. Oct 2-3

Post by Firebolter »

It is not a race nor a timed event. You can ride it solo or with friends. The roll chart has the directions of the course with turn by turn and mileage so you can navigate the course. There is some arrows in the woods but you need the roll chart and/or the map that is provided.

There are a couple of "Options" that are more single track and difficult than the rest of the course which is forest roads and such. It's a easy event and one to cruise and just enjoy a nice ride through the woods.
Lots of cool bikes---
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Good seeing everyone! Met lots of new people, ran into two guys I met at Michaux, and got to put more faces to names. Turned out our camp site was beside JGalts.
Bill, your friend was riding around slow on the SurRon a lot today while you were out. He likes it;)
Stephen (not Steve) - '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

smdub wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:19 pm Bill, your friend was riding around slow on the SurRon a lot today while you were out. He likes it;)
Yup, he's hooked!
Lots of cool bikes---
OTTO
DAMN n00b

Post by OTTO »

Firebolter wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:03 am
ReardenSteel wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:55 am I'm so glad they moved it from the end of Oct to the beginning.
It is always the first weekend in Oct! There was one year though where we did have snow up on top of Reddish Knob that early in the season and the ride up to it was with snow flurries. I was riding Marshall that year and hugging my motor at stops! I''ll be driving a rescue truck/van this year, so if ya break down, there will be 4 of us out there at various locations along the course each day. Have fun-
Yes, this was a cold morning on the Shen 500 running sweep.
Paul McN.
18 KTM 250 EXC-F
16 Honda Africa Twin
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

OTTO wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:04 am
ReardenSteel wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:55 am I'm so glad they moved it from the end of Oct to the beginning.
It is always the first weekend in Oct! There was one year though where we did have snow up on top of Reddish Knob that early in the season and the ride up to it was with snow flurries. I was riding Marshall that year and hugging my motor at stops! I''ll be driving a rescue truck/van this year, so if ya break down, there will be 4 of us out there at various locations along the course each day. Have fun-
I remember that year.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Bucho wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:48 pm
OTTO wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:04 am
I remember that year.
Oh boy do I! That was the year I didn't bring a jacket. I rode Marshall with Marty and paid dearly on Day 1! But that was also the year the Dual Sport Armory had their van at the campsite and I went and bought a KLIM GORTEX top for the next day and it was wonderful!
Lots of cool bikes---