I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Natchez Trace, Hill Country, Border Crisis Ride

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Natchez Trace, Hill Country, Border Crisis Ride

Post by Twist »

I've just returned from a couple of weeks on my GS riding the Natchez Trace Parkway from Nashville to Natchez; then over through Texas Hill Country; down to check out the excitement at the border; and then back home again. I put up a ride report on ADVrider if anyone is interested:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/the-natc ... e.1493060/

I wish we'd had more time to spend in Hill Country - as much for sampling the BBQ as the riding :)
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Re: Natchez Trace, Hill Country, Border Crisis Ride

Post by Laoch »

Nice write up, nice trip. Thanks for checking in on the border for us :thumbup:
Bruce
da scrub
DAMN Wanabe

Post by da scrub »

Great travelogue with pics!
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Nice write up, but I only have one issue-you keep talking about your BBQ prowess and your DAMN green egg, and I only live a couple of miles from you, in the same town, so-------I think it is time for a Wes BBQ throw down! So I and others can independently verify your BBQ skills!
Lots of cool bikes---
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom »

Firebolter wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:17 am Nice write up, but I only have one issue-you keep talking about your BBQ prowess and your DAMN green egg, and I only live a couple of miles from you, in the same town, so-------I think it is time for a Wes BBQ throw down! So I and others can independently verify your BBQ skills!
Will you stop, now I am hungry...
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

I'd love to have all you guys around here for some smoked treats from the BGE but I just figured since the nearby riding is El Stinko no one would be interested. Maybe if I can make it to the DAMN reunion at Mountain Ridge I'll bring some brisket and pork shoulder along.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

Twist wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:34 am I'd love to have all you guys around here for some smoked treats from the BGE but I just figured since the nearby riding is El Stinko no one would be interested. Maybe if I can make it to the DAMN reunion at Mountain Ridge I'll bring some brisket and pork shoulder along.
Well we (me and you) could lead a bunch of guys across the bridge for a nice back road cruise on the ADV/Street bikes. We don't do that much. We cross the bay and jump off at Centreville and we could stay to the west of 301 up towards Chestertown and middletown but not past Elkton, then cross over 301 to the east and come back down Ridgley/Dento area and back across the bridge. All of this is nice 2 lane good pavement back roads in farm country. That ride is a 4-5 hour jaunt depending on stops, or just long enough for the brisket to go off when we return!

Lots of cool bikes---
Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist »

If you guys would be interested in a ride like that (~200 mile round trip from Annapolis) I've got a ride that I've done several times down through the Eastern Shore farms from Denton to Cambridge then a loop through the Blackwater Reserve. That's a pretty cool ride in the Blackwater for those of you that haven't been there before. It's a nice ribbon of asphalt that twists and turns through the middle of the swampy blackwater. Here's a little bit of video I shot the last time I was down there on my Super Duke 1290R:

The route down there and back looks something like this:

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter »

That is a good ride! I have ridden over there. Good stuff-
Lots of cool bikes---
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Twist wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:28 am I've just returned from a couple of weeks on my GS riding the Natchez Trace Parkway from Nashville to Natchez; then over through Texas Hill Country; down to check out the excitement at the border; and then back home again. I put up a ride report on ADVrider if anyone is interested:

https://advrider.com/f/threads/the-natc ... e.1493060/

I wish we'd had more time to spend in Hill Country - as much for sampling the BBQ as the riding :)
Nice adventure!

Are you saying the Three Sisters ride in TX is fine but not really anything special?
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200