DAMN ADV ride May 1-2

Want to go for a DAMN Ride? So do we! :whoop:
Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: DAMN ADV ride May 1-2

Post by Firebolter » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:25 am

I will see if I can modify the GPS but this is a good time to do just what you say Phil, you have intel in advance, plan a drive around like you did. That is what makes it a ADV ride! Solving problems!

Let me take a look. I should be able to modify Day 1 file. But everyone should be aware to deal with this if you don't get a updated file!
Lots of cool bikes---

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:29 pm

Phil's work around - Updated Route Sheet sent out to distro with course work around. I DID NOT UPDATE THE GPS FILE, NO NEED TO. This is an easy work around. Thanks to Phil for the intel and pre-run of the first part of the course.

I HAVE NOT RUN THIS COURSE COMPLETELY IN YEARS! Phil's example is a good one of how the roads "might" be closed or changed etc. There are plenty of work arounds if you run into road closures etc., so heads up! Have a phone or GPS with the course loaded.

Lots of cool bikes---

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:31 am

Weather (10 days out mind you) is looking decent. I used Shippensburg as the reference and they are looking at low 60's and ~30% chance of showers. So in my mind, a little rain is always welcome to keep the dust down. We will probably work across some small showers as we work up to Mt. Holly Springs and on out to the west. So far, so good!
Lots of cool bikes---

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:52 pm

Firebolter wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:31 am
Weather (10 days out mind you) is looking decent. I used Shippensburg as the reference and they are looking at low 60's and ~30% chance of showers. So in my mind, a little rain is always welcome to keep the dust down. We will probably work across some small showers as we work up to Mt. Holly Springs and on out to the west. So far, so good!
:thumbup:
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:22 am

It's now looking like the rain will come through on Friday! Sat and Sunday forecast for Shippensburg and Cumberland look sweet. Basically the same and perfection for a ride through the forest! Roads should have some puddles here and there and hopefully dust will be down.

Lots of cool bikes---

WWWRU
DAMN n00b

Post by WWWRU » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:43 pm

Firebolter wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:43 am
T_Hersh wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:36 am
I won't be camping that weekend but I'd still be down to ride from Thurmont only if someone doesn't mind me tagging along. If not it's cool I don't want to step on any toes.
Just show up at Sheetz around 8am, you'll see 5-10 or more guys. Introduce yourself and I am sure guys won't mind you grouping up with them. I'll be on my Red/White T7. I am sure we can find a small group for you to join in with. Just trying to avoid 20ish bike rolling out together. Want to stagger folks out and make sure people know who is in their group for head counts at stops and general safety etc.

Since this is a GPS/ADV ride, I won't wait at intersections for people, I'll follow the course unless one of my guys doesn't have a GPS or phone with it loaded.
I plan on being at the Sheetz at 0800. Would like to join the group. Will be on the Gen2 KLR.

Wingfixer
aka FlatFixer

Post by Wingfixer » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:47 pm

:thumbup: The more the merrier!
F*** work.
Ride motorcycles.

Firebolter
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Firebolter » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:28 am

Weather getting even better!

Shippensburg and Cumberland forecast as of this morning-

Lots of cool bikes---

Twist
DAMN Poohba

Post by Twist » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:27 am

OK, I screwed around and waited too long to get a reservation at Rocky Gap so I've booked a room a few miles down the road near Cumberland at the Hampton Inn for Saturday night.

Also, since I live in Annapolis and want to meet up at the Sheetz at 8a Saturday morning, I'm going to ride out Friday night and stay at a Spring Hill Marriott in Frederick on Friday night.

Throwing this info out in case anyone else is in the same situation.

I'm bringing my 1200GS bikeapotomus on this ride and will see you all at the Sheetz.
The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you figure out why. - Mark Twain

Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Post by Boom Boom » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:40 am

How is Hampton involved with anything called ADV ride? Oh wait..BMW = Starbucks coffee holder.

Have fun guys....weekend looking great.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr