I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

new guy here from Washington county MD

Announcements about the board plus help for the n00bs. New members -- say howdy here! :hi5:
Plus how to register for the board
jeffg
DAMN n00b

new guy here from Washington county MD

Post by jeffg »

]Hi guys
I live in Hagerstown, I moved from Colorado in 2011 to DC Metro. The 1st day I moved to Hagerstown in 2014 my CR250 was stolen. Anyway I had a new baby and trying to recover from 2008 real-estate disaster. Now things are looking good and I have learned to appreciate Hagerstown for the ability to be out and get out of DC Metro. I just discovered a track in WV and hope to join. I am a die hard 2-stroke so I Am hopeful to get a newer YZ soon. Glad to discover this group and hope to meet local riders in the future. P.S the back wheel always follows the front ,,, eventually, when in doubt give it more gas. Brraaap Brraaaap
for now
Boom Boom
DAMN Grand Poohba

Re: new guy here from Washington county MD

Post by Boom Boom »

Welcome 2-smoker. We have a good mix of all types of riding here. If interested in a "stand up" kind of riding I have a group of dozen or more guys with trials bikes going to Moto Cove in Gore Va this sunday for some "rockin" fun.
If you are a track guy you will find plenty of them around a modest drive around you but if you have a taste for rock riding and your bike is prepared then your riding options are limitless.
2022 TRS 300 E-start

2021 Beta 300rr
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Are you an MX guy, enduro, single track rider, dual sport, adventure bikes or those strange bikes with no seats?
Doesn't really matter, we do it all here. Not sure about mx :shrug:

The best thing is to get a couple or three bikes and then you have more riding opportunities :deal:
Bruce
jeffg
DAMN n00b

Post by jeffg »

I like single track the best I rode out of my driveway when I was in Colorado right into the mountain. Also I like to ride Track, But I need to stay on the ground getting older now so no more air time for me. SERIOUSLY we have good riding around here OH BOY I getting back into heaven!!! Nice to meet you guys :loveit: :loveit:
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

Welcome new guy. What bike do you have? And is it set up for rocks/trails?

Also, are you ever able to ride in the middle of the week? A few of us have weird schedules and sometimes ride Wed/Thursday.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
jeffg
DAMN n00b

Post by jeffg »

Bucho wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:35 pm Welcome new guy. What bike do you have? And is it set up for rocks/trails?

Also, are you ever able to ride in the middle of the week? A few of us have weird schedules and sometimes ride Wed/Thursday.
My bike got stolen it was a cr 250, I came from colorado LOVE rocky trails. Love track, single trac, jeep trails all riding I love it. 1st I need to buy a new house COVID kind of slowed that down. Then I buy a newer or new YZ. I could ride sometimes during the week I have a good job can take off.
smdub
DAMN Poohba

Post by smdub »

Welcome!
For trails/rocks, the YZ susp is going to be harsh.
Stephen (not Steve) - '08 Monster S2R1000 / '20 Husky 701LR / KTM '20 500 EXC / '17 150 XC-W / '21 E-XC / '21 890R / '19 Sherco 300FST / Sur-Ron LBX / Segway X160 / Sur-Ron Ultra Bee
Marylander
DAMN Admin

Post by Marylander »

I thought the YZs had the sought after suspension. You see a buttload of them at woods races, 2nd only to the KTMs.
Bucho
DAMN Admin

Post by Bucho »

jeffg wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:17 pm
My bike got stolen it was a cr 250, I came from colorado LOVE rocky trails. Love track, single trac, jeep trails all riding I love it. 1st I need to buy a new house COVID kind of slowed that down. Then I buy a newer or new YZ. I could ride sometimes during the week I have a good job can take off.
I know lots of guys like MX bikes as trail bikes. I'm NOT one of them, but ride whatever you like. I've never had the chance to ride any of Yamaha's "X" YZ models. Sounds like they work great for faster/more aggressive riders.

Most of us ride through the winter (depending on weather). Last year wasn't much ice/snow. I think I only had 1-2 ice rides.
Yamaha WR250R
Yamaha TW200
Laoch
DAMN Admin

Post by Laoch »

Yz250x?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bruce