I was unable get the old avatars reimported. Regretfully, you will have to upload your avatar again. Please report any issues here,.

Doohickey, valves, tires

DAMN maintenance and repair thread; including Farkle Fests! :boohoo:
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Doohickey, valves, tires

Post by 21783mike »

I'm going to need to do the valves on the KLR soon, I did almost 900 miles today :ride: and it'll be another 550-600 miles till I get home tomorrow evening. It's due for it's 15k by then and I want to do the doo then too and I' m wondering if anyone has the doo tools I could borrow. Also, I seriously squared off the tires today with all that slab and I'll be lucky if I make it home without threads showing, going to ride home on the parkway so I can wear down the edges :lol2: so I'm wondering if anyone has a balancer to true up a new set of tires once I get a set and spoon them on.
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Re: Doohickey, valves, tires

Post by Rut Row »

21783mike wrote:I'm going to need to do the valves on the KLR soon, I did almost 900 miles today :ride: and it'll be another 550-600 miles till I get home tomorrow evening. It's due for it's 15k by then and I want to do the doo then too and I' m wondering if anyone has the doo tools I could borrow. Also, I seriously squared off the tires today with all that slab and I'll be lucky if I make it home without threads showing, going to ride home on the parkway so I can wear down the edges :lol2: so I'm wondering if anyone has a balancer to true up a new set of tires once I get a set and spoon them on.
I have a Tachyon balancer you are welcome to use. I need to get some stick-on weights. I currently have a bunch of spoke weights. However, I've bought 3 sets of tires and have yet needed to balance the wheels. I did have to balance the KTM rims because the bead lock put the rims out of balance.

I've personally never done to doo. I had it done when I had the jug redone.
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

I'll PM you when it comes time to balance the tires. I've got a 25 hp kohler torn apart on the bench now which needs to go back together and back on the mower and a leaky head gasket on diesel Gravely that I needs to fix before I can do anything with the KLR. Mowing season is coming real soon, and I've got to get all the equipment PM'd , they were already mowing down in Ashville when I was there this weekend.
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco
Rut Row
Benevolent Dictator

Post by Rut Row »

21783mike wrote:I'll PM you when it comes time to balance the tires. I've got a 25 hp kohler torn apart on the bench now which needs to go back together and back on the mower and a leaky head gasket on diesel Gravely that I needs to fix before I can do anything with the KLR. Mowing season is coming real soon, and I've got to get all the equipment PM'd , they were already mowing down in Ashville when I was there this weekend.
25HP? Heck, put that baby in the KLR! :harhar:

Folks were mowing here in Middletown this weekend. Reminded me to ensure the neighbor kid was set to mow the yard this year again. :whip:
Ken
Die young as late as possible, remember who you were before the world told you how it should be. -- Barry Morris
21783mike
DAMN Expert

Post by 21783mike »

Unfortunately it's a vertical shaft so it'll only work on the mowers..... otherwise :brows:
Mike B
08 HYM1100S
08 Raptor 250 SE
06 800SS
87 750 Paso
89 KLR650A
65 H-D M50
64 125 Bronco